Lurasidone and Flupentixol injection

I have been given these two for yesterday s visit.

Lurasidone for one month and need to stop.

And the injection is for every month.

Anything i should take a note.

1 Like

I love flupenthixol. Is a strong med but if you tolerate it is up there with the best

2 Likes

Was bit feverish yesterday. Today its better.

1 Like

Let me tell you that Fluanxol(Depixol) is the one 1. gen antipsychotics with the lowest rate of sideeffect among the first gen. But at the same time I’ll tell you that the antipsycotic has a comparerative effect on the psychotics Risperdone. Fluanxol is used as an antidepressants at low dose and antipsychotics at high doses. In the 1970 s when it was develloped it was called the first atypical because that it had such a mild sideeffect profile. I myself am on the 1. gen Clopixol that has a much stronger sideeffect profile and effects on psychosis. Besides of Clopixol depot I’m also on qutiapine and that antipsychotics is excellent to keep the OCD i got at bay.

1 Like

Thanks @Jimbob and @columbus

I feel so weak like i have fever .

Is a common symptom else i need to visit the doctor again very painful all the muscles.

1 Like

I would see a doctor asap. Neuroleptic malignant syndrome can involve temperature dysregulation

1 Like

Wow you know so much.
Thanks again @Jimbob
But the doctor i visit is so far away for home.
I dont think i have the energy to travel.
Like Aripriprazole should i wait till the body get adjusted to this new meds.
Its been just 2 days.

Sorry I can’t answer that. I’m not a doctor. I am concerned though. I would go to the ER

1 Like

You know @Jimbob last week i thought to take leave from work the manager asked to show records of my condition but i just did not take leave and went to work.
I dont want to lose the job.
My doc also gave a hint not to show.
My body pain is so much.

Edit : my body temperature shows 36.5 c
But feels like having very high fever.
All muscles ache and body is now shivering.
And i am dropping my phone from my hand.
I also have cough dry and from my eyes feels like fuming.

I think i will go to ER

1 Like

A B C you must see a Doctor at once as it seems you’ve got problems with tollerating the drug. Don’t stop meds by your self talk to your doctor as soon as possible.

1 Like

I didn’t think Latuda had a long term injection. I know Geodon doesn’t or I would have been on it.

1 Like

I am better now took dolo 650 and the body pain is gone and i feel better. I think i have got fever at the same time of injection. And cough as well.

ABC that sounds good and if you stay on your Fluanxol LAI that will keep you of troubles at the long run likewise me who has been on Fluanxol brother drug Clopixol LAI for 26 years.

1 Like

I have stopped Lurasidone and feels so good.
Feel like to go to work today.
Had taken leave past two days Thursday and Friday. Because of drowsy and no energy to work.

Today i am so ready to go to work hurray.

Never every again i am going to smell alcohol as well.

Congratulations with your huge progresses. Fluanxol is one of the god drugs. I wish you the best with your sobriety.

1 Like