Low motivation in eating

Yeah eggs def gives me energy… especiayin the morning.

I try to eat fish and chicken but that’s about it.

I think I’m eat a banana before going to sleep tonight…

Thank you for thoughtful words

2 Likes

My mother used to say force it down you lol - but i wouldnt recommend that - cos you will just wanna puke. You just got outta sync with your stomach. Get a load of fruit and bung it on your table. And boiled sweets too.

1 Like

@CoCo
Yeah… sometimes I wake up during the night and splurge on chips. Lol

After I was sectioned in a hospital in Seattle, I was homeless, so I called the family and took me in… which was a bit of a process, for I’ve lost all the vital documents

So you’re living with family?

1 Like

Just forced down a banana lol

1 Like

Yes I’m currently living with my parents😶

1 Like

That’s good. Are they at all supportive?

Well yeah my fathers a bit in denial, I’m sure it’s unintentional, hopefully, but sort of puts me in a depressive rabbit hole where I lose hope in my self, so I’ve been distancing from him for a bit.

But my mother is alright. They let me stay here pretty much rent free so I get to accumulate savings… so I can’t complain. It’s kind of them.

2 Likes

Yes, that is kind of them. I’m glad your mom is supportive. I understand it’s hard on you to be in Japan, but it’s probably best for you because you have your mom. Maybe try spending a day out with her? Like, have a meal and go for a walk or something. You could make it a regular thing.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea… I don’t usually talk much with her, so could be a good opportunity to catch up.

Just don’t want to overwhelm her with my thoughts :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Then don’t talk about heavy stuff. Just talk about her, the weather, shows you’re watching etc. after you do that regularly for a while, you’ll feel more comfortable opening up. I would keep it light conversation for a while though. Otherwise, she’ll equate being with you and being stressed and upset.

1 Like

Well done mate - just keep eating em. I was underwieght too. Microwave porridge is good too x

i can easily go a couple days without getting hungry. i am trying to get my weight back up to 155 pounds so i eat 3 or 4 times a day… only 10 pounds to go to get to my goal weight. it’s cheaper not to eat too much, that is a big reason why i lost 35 pounds. the lowest i’ve ever weighed is 125 pounds. i am 5 foot 9.

1 Like

What medicine are you on, and how did you previously lose your weight

I don’t take APs now…

I just don’t enjoy eating much nowadays… not too fond of the food where I live.

Although I do try to eat something healthy once a while, since I feel weak.

salt can increase apitite

1 Like

Yeah… one thing about Japanese food, is that salt is used to the minimum… that could be it🤔

1 Like

yea maybe. dehydration leads to lack of appetite. making sure you have enough salt and water are crutial. bananas (for potassium) too. sometimes thats the deal, sometimes for me im just depressed. its worth trying i guess. i find when i drink a lot of coffee i get dehydrate too

1 Like

How long have you not taken ap

Since I got discharged from the hospital last year :no_mouth: