Low dose Risperdal and Mixed episodes

I am still on the low dose or Risperdal - 1.50 mg, waiting for the Abilify to arrive by mail and to speak to pdoc.
Going to switch from Risperdal to Abilify and so far on this low dose of Risperdal starting to be a bit symptomatic - mixed mood episodes, irritability, last night I could not sleep and decided it would be a good idea for me to write my brother a hate filled angry text - lashing out at him and his wife - it was a long text and it was at 4 am !

He texted me back today telling me I need a med change - I told him that I am waiting for the Abilify to arrive by mail.
My psychiatrist was right, she told me that the atypical antipsychotics work wonders on bipolar mood shifts as well - she said that she would rather put me on an antipsychotic with mood stabilizing properties rather than a mood stabilizer like lithium or Trileptal.
She said that my brain has adjusted to the antipsychotics and that when this happens regular mood stabilizers will not work as well on my brain chemistry

Bad timing Wave.

1 Like

Sorry your in a rough spot. Hope the med change straightens things out for you. Keep us posted.

1 Like