Low blood sugar

Try to lose weight, even if it’s slow.
Eat less carbs and smaller portions @Aziz

But on Depakote it’s not easy for me.

1 Like

Risperdal is not that bad in raising blood sugar levels.
When I was on Zyprexa and Seroquel my blood sugar levels were to the roof!

1 Like

Yea me to, I was on Zyprexa and 50mg Seroquel at the same time. They took me off them bcz I was still psychotic and bcz my blood sugar, cholesterol and bp went high. I saw an internist Dr and he contacted my pdoc to get me off these aps. I hope Clozapine is better than Zyprexa, it is according to studies.

1 Like

That would be good for a diabetic, but technically you’re “At risk”. Here is screenshot straight from my blood work about blood sugar levels. You’re Canadian so this directly applies to you.

Screenshot 2021-09-07 at 19-36-55 Diabetes Chart

I’m averaging around 6.3 so I am at prediabetes levels.

2 Likes

Nice, here they don’t show the normal range online, only the result. I access my blood tests and medical tests and info online on the gov website.

2 Likes

I use a private lab. The report gives me all my results and provides healthy ranges for each test. I get my results online too from their website.

2 Likes

Must have slightly different guidelines in Canada and USA. Mine was straight for CDC.gov website.

3 Likes

Oh how much you pay? I only did a private blood test once as I didn’t want to wait, was too busy, I paid 50$.

1 Like

It’s covered by OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan). I don’t pay anything for the tests they do, but there are some tests that I would have to pay for if I wanted them.

My results are usually available same day if I go in the morning, or available next day if I go in the afternoon.

2 Likes

I thought private means you have to pay, weird. Thats how it here at least. Is it your work insurance?

2 Likes

It’s a privately run lab, but most tests are paid for by the government.

2 Likes

My dad was a type 2 diabetes. His blood sugar was always high. The lowest I’ve had is 81. I’m scared because both sides of my family have history.

1 Like

If you eat healthy and control your weight you should be fine @roxanna

1 Like

Very low blood sugar is a short term threat, you can go into a diabetic coma and die in an extreme case.

Very high blood sugar is a longer term threat. If your blood sugar is high one time you won’t have a problem. if it is constantly high, you can develop all kinds of complications.

When my blood sugar is low I feel like total crap and immediately need to eat something with sugar. When it is high I feel fine but sometimes I pee a lot.

2 Likes

I’m a tad bit overweight. I’m trying to get to a vegetarian diet but keep dairy. Sorry wave. Hugs

1 Like

95 is actually good. Anything below 70 is dangerous.

If your sugars always run high, your body will act like your blood sugar is low when it isn’t, because it’s used to higher levels. It’s better to drink eight ounces of juice or a sugar tablet and follow up with high solid protein packed food to get it up, but then stabilize. Eating carbs causes it to rise too high and drop too low very quickly. You went it to rise quickly but then stabilize before dropping rapidly.

It’s definitely difficult to handle. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks @anon47572819 yeah 94 is normal but very abnormal and low for me.
I’ll maybe drink some sugar water next time then have some protein like you said.

1 Like

Mine sometimes dips if I’m not careul, but it’s rarely life threateningly low

One time, it got dangerous, and I stupidly tried to hide it.
Luckily a coworker recognised what was happening and forced me to eat a sandwich.

My bloodsugar sometimes dips a few hours after large meals too because my body produces extra insulin to compensate, and my insulin uptake varies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.