Loving a sociopath

It’s definitely a hard job but somebody has to do it. The hardest part for me was coming to terms with the fact that she’ll probably never love me back. And all her tears and heartbreak are just an act to get what she wants. Now that I know this though it makes it so much easier to deal with her. I give what I want, when I want and all her manipulation is just entertainment to see what she comes up with next. It is a thing of beauty to see her lie, what skill she has. Anyway if you love a sociopath too like I do, remember to protect yourself, because they never will.

4 Likes

That must be so hard. I would feel really lonely knowing that about my partner

1 Like

oh no, it’s my daughter

1 Like

There are a lot out there. Be careful.

1 Like

I’ve known a few. The person I loved most was probably one. There’s no way she can’t be one right?? Well I’ve come to accept the whole situation for what it was. Two sick people. Me with my mental issues, her with her lack of empathy and intentionally hurting ways, issues. It’s whatever. She suffers too. Even if she blocks it out. I am fine today.

2 Likes

Oh. Ok. I still think that’d be hard but I suppose a child having any illness is hard.

2 Likes

Yeah itsa @Jonnybegood, welcome back! I’ve missed you.

1 Like

Thanks I’ve missed u, all u guys, too. Glad to be here

1 Like

Glad to have you @Jonnybegood!

@Leaf
Is she in therapy? On meds? Has her illness reached maturity?

It is hard. When she was younger I had no clue how to help her be “normal”. I had no idea what was “wrong” with her. It was hard to watch her struggle. She always lands on her feet though just like a cat.

1 Like

I remember trying to help you mitigate regret while managing this issue. It was probably a year ago now. It sounds like you are learning things and I’m glad you didn’t make any rash moves like “jettisoning” her in total bc I think once upon a time that may have been on the table.

As a sidebar, whats new on the Saphris front? I had insomnia for 6 months and am finally getting my routine back. But the latest I read on Wikipedia is that it hasn’t got ANY correlation to helping sz positive or negative symptoms. Maybe I’m coming in on the middle of the convo though. It does help precious sleep, but I remember it being expensive to boot. Maybe this helps.

1 Like

Jettisoning her is always in the forefront of my mind, believe me lol. And the saphris is fine if the pharmacy had any to give me. I’m a little bitter right at the moment because they are out until 2pm today and I’ve missed 3 doses because of this. Bastards.

edit. it’s funny though because I actually feel pretty good really

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.