Love My Window Cam w/App!

I live in a tiny house in a high crime neighborhood. It’s so high crime, all the houses and apartments are outfitted with metal bars on all the windows to deter thieves.

Anyways, I got paranoid and got myself a small, standing mini cam from amazon to put inside my house on the window sill pointed at my front yard, street, and entry to drive way.

It came with an app that I installed on my phone. i just have to make sure there’s internet at my house—the cam will link to that wifi–and i can see my window view from anywhere!

It’s like six inches tall, sits on my window sill, and is concealed from view because the window bars have a tinted mesh screen so you can’t really see inside. When people knock I always check my cam first (sometimes the app crashes and has to be shut then started again oof!–but it usually works great!). It workes awesome so long as the app doesn’t have a hard time connecting to my cam.

I can tilt the cam from left to right remotely (from anywhere using my phone’s app), turn on the mic, record manually to my phone’s SD card (it records 24-7 to the Cam’s own microSD card I inserted, but sometimes it fills up fast, so I’m glad I can record onto my phone, too!), and I can even speak through a speaker installed inside the cam from wherever I am! I opted for non-cloud storage because I didn’t want to pay a lot of annual fees, plus I feel paranoid about my data in somebody else’s storage cloud);

:slight_smile: ten stars!
:stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars:

7 Likes

Not to poop on your parade, but generally it’s more of a deterrent if potential evil doers can see there’s a camera filming them. :camera: :astonished: :flushed: :running_man:

1 Like

true!! i was thinking about not wanting the police to come knocking at my door if they were wanting my videos in the even of something happening in the street (fights happen in the streets, etc…), but I will reconsider now lol!! Yes, to actual thieves that will work better…how funny I was just like “must not let police know” instead of “must let thieves know…”…:astonished::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have one too, but it makes noise occasionally and sounds like someone calibrating the mic. It freaked me out. I have disconnected the smart IP camera until further explanation from the vendor.
People can have access into the IP camera, as news reported last year. I am not confident in the security measure of the IP camera.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.