Schizophrenia.com

Lost touch with death?

Has anyone experienced that they are less in touch with death after getting the illness?

I remember when I was young…I didn’t exactly think about death, but it was like I was thinking I had to live while I could because my time could be up before I knew it.

After they put me on drugs it has changed. Its like I lost the sense of gravity about death. I can still ponder about it from time to time, but it isn’t present in the moment any more. Does that make sense at all?

3 Likes

Sz and meds made me fearless of death.

2 Likes

The same thing happened to me. I used to obsess over death. From what I can remember it finally went away when I increased my abilify from 10mg to 15mg.

Well, it hasn’t gone away completely, but I no longer obsess about it.

1 Like

I guess its the only positive thing about sz as I have no stress about death now.

2 Likes

I’m a natural philosopher normally but meds make me normal. I hate it tbh. I don’t think and get dizzy from having these super thoughts anymore!!

1 Like

I’m not afraid of death either! Same reason. I haven’t been afraid of death since my suicide attempt.

1 Like

my stress for death went away too…

2 Likes

Maybe some ap’s turns off this urgency of life…maybe like our biological clock.

I’m not in a hurry to do anything any more even though I know time is precious. I try to keep myself occupied and do something meaningful or that gives me a sense of joy.

1 Like