Lost every interest in food?

I am a good chef, I have worked as a chef, cooking was one of my hobbies, but after my recent depression I have lost all interest in food. Strange. I force myself to eat healthy, but most of my calories come from alcohol free beer (and a little alcohol).

I’m missing the joy of eating a good meal.

3 Likes

Interest waxes and wanes like the moon and thus it is set to return again, don’t worry. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know longer play the piano so I can relate. Things don’t interest me like they used to

2 Likes

I wish I could eat less.

2 Likes

I’m craving some spaghetti.
This would destroy my diet right now.

1 Like

hehe i just had spaghetti today =D

3 Likes

Before schizophrenia I was a chef and had pride doing it. But now I don’t have any interest in making food… sad to say. I might work in the kitchen in the future to make ends meet, but I want to go back to school and switch line of work… I want to get out of the food industry and earn better wage

1 Like

Maybe get on some antidepressants, im on escitalopram, it helps boost my mood. You dont want to have a drinking problem and depression problem, drinking doesn’t solve anything just makes it worse.

3 Likes

Here in the house there is always the same kinds of food in the evening. Bread and cold cuts are always the same too. And if I go out to get something to eat in a restaurant, I always visit the same and buy the same food there, with few variety.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.