Lost driving privileges

I’m trying to be grateful that I’m not in an institution, but not being able to drive is something I just can’t get past.
I went from soccer mom and PTA president, to having my sixteen year old bringing me to dr appts.
It feels humiliating, like I’m slowly turning back into a child.
From everyone depending on me, to me depending on everyone, and I really hate that.
Anyone else?

Gosh I am really sorry about that, that’s terrible. Is there any way you will ever be able to get them back?

My younger brother also got his driving rights taken away when he was diagnosed with epilepsy. However if he went on medication and was deemed seizure free for at least one year by a doctor he was allowed to get his license back, and he did! Maybe if you’re stable on meds for a certain amount of time you can apply for your license back??

1 Like

I’m not allowed to drive either.

1 Like

I’m allowed to drive, it’s just that I find it difficult to drive by myself to Drs appointments.
Going to rely on rides from my case manager soon.

1 Like

On the bright side you have loved ones that are helping you, the seeds you sewed before you got ill. I understand how you feel, I’m totally on my own, not sure what I’m going to do once I am unable to look after myself, that day is not far away

1 Like