Schizophrenia.com

Losing faith in meds

I’ve tried so many of them and most have worked briefly and then gave out. Maybe a couple months between then I’d have to switch. Nothing can help with how stressful my life is and I don’t see a way to cut back on stress until after I get disability anyway. Also now for the past two months I’ve been way too overwhelmed to get to the store to even buy groceries let alone pick up meds. I don’t have a car , I just moved to a new city, and everything is overwhelming me about new routes and new places. My sensory overloads are really bad too.
All of this to say I’m losing faith in meds helping me despite my compliance before now. But I’m also not sure I can be reliable to take them bow anyway. Idk.

2 Likes

Have they ever put you on clozapine

2 Likes

No they haven’t

1 Like

I guess that’s last resort, but obviously you’d need to feel okay with that

It could be worth a try, it is a great med for a lot of people. It had helped me a lot. :sheep::sheep::sheep:

1 Like

I just feel done with it all

1 Like

Don’t give up MoonGarden!
Maybe what you need is not just medication, but an outlet for your anxiety and stress.

Does music help?

1 Like

Try clozaril, varylar, or latuda. my three favorite ones.

1 Like

I’m a fan of Rexulti. My depression has gone, I am hopeful for the future and my anxiety has lessened.

I was previously on Abilify and switched to Rexulti three months ago. I am baffled as I thought Abilify and Rexulti were pretty much the same drug. If you haven’t already tried it, it may be worth a try.

2 Likes

30% of sz patients respond to nothing excepting Clozapine. And 30% of people who don’t respond to Clozapine don’t respond to anything at all. So, all in all, about 10% of szers respond to nothing. Not trying to be a party pooper, but sometimes it’s healthy to prepare for a negative outcome so you can somehow respond and cope.

2 Likes

Have you thought of trying supplements like glycine theanine and gaba they have really helped me a lot

2 Likes

Maybe I should try clozaril again, but I had a bad experience. I ended up in the ICU and could have died or perhaps nearly did…so I’m hesitant.

Vraylar works but still got delusions which could be from energy drinks…

I could be in that category where only clozaril works or nothing at all. I think I’m doing pretty good compared to where I was starting off however…

1 Like

Yep.
I’m in that boat. Kind of sucks.

2 Likes

Don’t give up. If the meds don’t work you can go on clozapine. And if the reason is that you don’t take the meds scheduled you can go on a depot injection. I’m on both pills and depot.

This is kind of old, I haven’t given up. I’m on invega with success so far.