Loosing weight

Yeah, some meds make one want to eat all the time. I was like that on Risperdal.

1 Like

Interestingly, my husband is a body builder - now disabled due to a spine injury from work - and he says what I was eating should not have caused me to gain weight like that. That’s why I’m doing such an extreme diet now to lose weight. If I eat 2000 calories I gain weight. I have to eat more like 8-900. I’m thinking about going lower too if I don’t get results this way. Since my Dr added back on the seroquel my weight loss has stalled. It’s very frustrating.

Yea I can only eat 800 calories too otherwise I gain a pound a day if I dare eat 2000. Have you thought of metformin for keeping the hunger down? I was thinking about it, straterra is helpful for just maintaining my weight but I don’t know if you have adhd. It’s not just the hunger that makes me gain weight on invega, it’s the slow metabolism too- lately I can eat maybe 1200 calories but only if I stop eating any bread or empty carbs.

If you can’t have physical beauty and health maybe you can concentrate on developing character of personality.

1 Like

I’ve thought about asking my doctor for metformin. Does it really work?

That’s very true.

Idk but if you do message me and tell me how it works! Right now I’m on an aggressive weight loss regimen. 1 meal a day and maybe an apple for breakfast and I work out for 3 hrs except not for the past few days bc of horrible blisters (which I only get bc invega makes my skin loose, no lie). Otherwise ask about straterra, it makes ur hunger completely controllable- you still feel hungry but as if you want to be hungry, instead of that compulsion of eating which is my problem on invega.

My Dr won’t give me controlled substances at all. Not even sleep meds. She says people with mental illness are too susceptible to addiction. So you work out 3 hours? I’d have to build up to that. Maybe I should.

What’s funny about that is medication for stuff like adhd or anxiety would only treat what technically IS a mental illness, so in his eutopia controlled substances wouldn’t exist bc they wouldn’t treat any issues.

BUT LUCKY YOU! straterra is not a controlled substance it is a non stimulant.

And yea I do 3 hours walking really fast bc walking helps lose more weight than running technically. I’m obsessed with calories lately bc I found out there’s 3,500 calories in 1lb of fat, so I just burn like 1500 a day and the math equals out.

I didn’t know that. Ill ask about it. Thanks!

Take out carbs and do some light weightlifting + cardio, trust me you’ll drop the pounds fast

1 Like

Yeah I’m still on clozaril

That’s awful! Are you still gaining weight on it or did you level off? @Loke

I’ve leveled off I think

1 Like