Loosing weight

I am making this weight loss soup. It has celery tomatoes cabbage and onions and water with salt and pepper. That’s what you eat all day if you want. I gained 14 pounds since my last dr visit. I need to lose it back

3 Likes

It would be healthier to get into some healthy long-term eating habit changes.
Eating the same thing day in and day out is not a good idea.

Maybe you could consult with a dietician? Y’know, someone who can help you create some healthy eating habits and oversee it so you get enough nutrition and are still able to enjoy food.

2 Likes

Good point. 151515

Some really good stuff I learned for weight loss was on Stumbleupon- you just have to check off weight loss and heath as your interests. I’ve lost 10 lbs in 20 days so far.

My weight loss halted with the start of Seroquel. I lost 30 pounds and then started seroquel. I lost only 4 pounds this month and I’m hoping to lose 8 per month. Frustrating!

But still, you did manage to lose 4 pounds in a month.
My dietician once told me that losing more than that is unhealthy.

Be happy for yourself for what you HAVE achieved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have 70 pounds to go so I’m getting impatient. I gained 90 pounds the first year on AP’s. The next 2 years I gained more. So now I’ve got 70 to lose to get back to where I started. I’m just fed up with being overweight. I’m done with it. And I want results. I’d at least like to get out of the obesity range. I hate how my face has changed from my weight gain. I hate mirrors and pictures.

1 Like

These things take time. I heard somewhere that the faster you lose weight, the easier it is to gain back.
Plus it’s better for your skin to take it slow, so you don’t get that flappy skin everywhere :laughing:

1 Like

What Are you doing to lose weight? Dieting or exercise or both?

Both. With the supervision of my Dr I’m eating 800-1200 calories per day and I’m doing cardio and weights. On the days I exercise I eat close to 1200. On the days I don’t I eat 800-900.

I gained like a hundred on clozaril.

I hate to tell you this, but my piano playing suffered when I lost my excess weight. Obesity was good for the tone.

@Loke That’s awful! There should be a medication to counter the weight gain from these drugs. Are you still on clozaril?

@PinCushion the truth is even though I loved playing piano my whole life I’ve lost interest. I just never feel like sitting down to play anymore. I’m very out of practice now, and when I do sit down (once every few months) I don’t like what I hear because my fingers are out of shape. I just don’t have the motivation to remedy the problem anymore.

I’m way out of shape, too. Like good for Happy Birthday and Christmas carols and a few pop tunes I can play by ear. But I’m also unwilling to go back to being a heavy. I’ve also got some arthritis.

I think staying at a healthy weight is a great idea. Hopefully I get there myself soon.

I wish I could give you advice but I don’t know what attributed to my success. I had no weight gain from ziprexa but I know a lot of people have. I am vegan and exercise.

I’m vegan too. I’m exercising but only for 45 minutes with cardio and weights. I think I need to do it longer.

For my age, 73, 30 minutes is enough. I would guess the problem is meds. Or did you have a weight problem before you got sz?

No. I started seroquel and gained 90 pounds in one year. Then another 15 over the next 2 years on different APs. I’ve lost 34 of it by keeping hungry and exercising. I’m 40.