Looks like we'll be moving back to Virginia

My mom has a chronic disease which causes lots of pain. It’s called Interstitial Cystitis and is also known as painful bladder syndrome. Her doctors have been incrementally reducing her pain medication and it is so low now that she is bedridden most days in constant pain. So long story short we have to move back to Virginia where the pain management doctors are allowed to prescribe higher doses.

I never got a chance to date or make friends here because of covid. I don’t know how I’m gonna ship my 75" television to the other end of the country. It costs 1000 dollars so I can’t afford to replace it. The good news is I know the roads in our hometown like the back of my hand so I should be able to get a car and drive with no big problems. Everything is cheaper there too. Mom’s BF is gonna move with us and spend a few years out there, as his parents live there and are in their 70s/80s (my mom and her BF met in high school in Virginia).

It’s been nice living here but I guess it wasn’t meant to be. I can keep my therapist if we keep seeing each other on telehealth but I’ll probably need to find another psychiatrist. Another reason we need to go back is because my mom wants to be close to my brother who is showing signs of schizophrenia and is kind of unraveling at the moment.

13 Likes

Country roads take me home

5 Likes

That song is about West Virginia not Virginia btw. Two different states. A lot of people don’t know that. I’m sounding like a ■■■■■. That’s not my intention. I’m just a proud West Virginian.

7 Likes

Yeah I’ve never been to West Virginia, I live in the northern tip of Virginia, less than half an hour’s drive from our nation’s capital. I’ve seen all the museums up there and felt the earthquake that damaged the Washington Monument.

There’s a really close metro stop that can take you to Maryland as well.

4 Likes

Sounds like a stressful time for you all, I hope god gives you all relief at some stage. Try to keep yourself sane as best you can for your family at this time, sounds like your mom needs your stepdad and you to help with your brother and to help her. I really feel sorry for you all and your mom she’s been through a lot, no fault of yours of course. Schizophrenia is a tough illness for everybody. My brothers blame me for putting my mom through the ringer but I had to talk to somebody about my problems I couldn’t just keep it in. Plus she wanted to me to talk

2 Likes

It sounds like its meant to be, your television might be able to be sold quickly if you put it through facebook marketplace, if you can’t ship it, sell it, and buy another one, even if you have to take a small loss. I don’t know any other suggestion that might help. I’m so sorry to hear your mother is in constant pain.

I hope the best for you and your family. Your brother needs you so it will be good to help him get reality under his feet. Be nice to eachother its a tough time for your family from all around it sounds.

4 Likes

sorry you have to move…what a drag…

3 Likes

I was just diagnosed with IC a couple months ago. It’s awful. I had no idea it could get that bad, though. I’m so sorry. As for the TV, could you sell it and then rebuy? It might still cost some money, but probably not as much as shipping it would cost.

4 Likes

Well good luck with everything @agent101g

Wishing you and your Mom only the best.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your mum isn’t faring so we’ll. Interstitial Cystitis is a nasty condition that’s for sure. Sorry to hear about your brother soon. How old is he? Is he a late developer for schizophrenia?

3 Likes

Isn’t Virginia known for it’s amazing fall colors? I think I’ve seen pictures of it.

2 Likes

california is nice but too expensive for me. virginia is not a bad place to be either, i’ve visited a couple times. good luck with everything.

2 Likes

Well it sounds like a pickle for sure.

What about all your household’s property? Would you freight it across the country by hiring a trucking company or are you planning a sell off?

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that! Yeah it’s a really rough disease, my mom got it in her thirties.

My brother is 28 so pretty close to the age I was when I got symptoms.

I don’t think we have enough property to warrant a moving van, and that’s a pretty expensive option anyway. I think they want to fly me out ahead and carry everything else in the car.

3 Likes

@agent101g … These folks in virginia might be able to help your mom

https://www.gynwellnesscenter.com/services/bladder-paininterstitial-cystitis

if not ask her to ask her urologist if there is as of know away to replace or transplant a new bladder in her?

I hope the best for you , your brother, and your mom. I live not far from virginia. I live in ohio. pm me if there is anything i may be able to help you with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.