Looking for other artists and musicians!

Hi

It’s a great idea - you might see how much help you can get to publicise (unless you’re good at it.)

to me - it’s a new idea - feedback people?

I have been working in the field of mental health and short film, theatre, monologue and poems and have had a lot of support with 'Stepping Out Theatre Company’
a mental health theatre company 2 hrs from me

if you really want it to go a long way i’d make it paid.

or aim for that when it gets ‘big’

i might be talking sit but it’s a way of gaining more ‘kudos’

like don’t undersell / rate us (kind of)

i have scripts published by ‘Lazy Bee scripts’ and they charge people to download or extra to perform and pay royalties - on line publisher.

You would still here have the option of not for profit and or costs

i have a website through "wix"
they are easy to set up but cost about £100
i think - it’s been a long time since i’ve paid them

I think this idea could go far

1 Like

I think it sounds like a great idea! :smiley:

I’d love to join, but I’m scared I won’t be able to contribute steadily, as my “art” is sporadic.
I write poems, and I sometimes draw/doodle.
I dream of writing and illustrating my own books, but my skills aren’t high enough, or maybe it’s my focus that isn’t good enough…
Something, whatever it is, is holding me back. Y’know?

But yeah, like I said, great idea and initative :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sporadic as well. When I finish the track I’m working on now it’ll be my first in nearly a year.

2 Likes

I’m a published artist (photography) and do some composing for fun, but have no interest in being part of a collective of SZ artists. Art is something I do in spite of an illness, not because of it, and I certainly have no interest in associating it with my creative efforts. Either my work stands on its own or it doesnt.

2 Likes

Hi Shane, my music is about to improvise in electric guitar having learning difficulties and schizophrenia, I make some effort to capture the moments and can never repeat them, sometimes I am out of tune and dissonant and I commit technical mistakes, I record with a mobile phone lately. Well, I do everything at first impression, probably that`s where the interest of my music resides. So if you want to listen to some of my videos here it is my link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHphoEYLhAk3g134l9Trx1g But, please explore it and do not judge me by the first videos only. These are the worst.

1 Like

thank you for the feedback! the basic idea is that this network will basicly serve as an online art show. each member can choose to do whatever they wish with their work, wether it be for charity, their own profit, or even for free. theres still a lot of planning, and I know im going to need help along the way.

I respect that. however, many of us lack the feeling of being part of the community. hard to find somewhere to really fit in when your less than 1% of the population. I don’t do art because I have an illness. believe me I was writing music seven years before I developed schizophrenia. but its up to you what you make out of it, and like I said I respect that. i cant help but feel there could be others like me, who have been searching for something like this for half a decade or even longer. to be a part of something bigger, and to contribute by doing what you love and also knowing that you are with like-minded individuals

1 Like

I just want to say my music is not the music I dreamt of. Today I was planning to stop making any music. I feel totally weak and sick. I was learning the classical guitar when I got sick, I perfectly remember the Prelude Nr. 3 by Heitor Villa-Lobos. Then schizophrenia put me in a bed for about ten years with Risperdal. Medicines hardly work for me.

1 Like

Very interesting thread. Can help you with Graphic Design. Let me know how can we work it out.

1 Like

That sounds like the school/community Net radio station I helped co-found.

:blush:

2 Likes

now that’s an awesome idea! you guys just play local bands?

Hi Dreamy! I went to the channel but couldn’t find the videos! I just saw the subscription channels

I can go months without writing a single song. so I made it a mission to just do one album a year. every time I feel a creative burst I just sit down and write. sometimes I can get a couple songs done in a burst, sometimes only an intro or chorus. I know it can be hard to get some focus and clarity.

thank you for your feedback :slight_smile: if I’m able to get a core group going, then I plan on doing this for as long as I can. so if you are ever interested you know where to find me.

No, we only have two so it would get real old real fast. We play an eclectic mix of pop, rock, country, dance, and oldies. Also, student educational projects.

1 Like

hey guys! wanted to share our first member contribution to the network. will be sharing a very talented painter’s work soon on the channel too. I made this video for her music :smiley: still needs some work on the format, but its a good start.

Hi there, right now my music is not available because I want to sell it and do not know how. Would you trust CDBaby site?

1 Like

you could use a music aggregator like Reverbnation that will put your music on tons of different retailers. but it costs money to use this service. and you want to make sure you keep the rights to your music

they call it digital distribution, and if you subscribe to the pro membership on reverbnation, you get two free releases a year.

I’m not sure if CDBaby charges to be an artist on there, but its worth a shot. it seems like a very good website to use.

I’d be interested in this… I have made a few tracks but feel they are incomplete and perhaps a bit amateur. Sz makes collaborating difficult for me but is something I hope to do to improve my tracks. I play guitar to some extent too, but motivation lacks at the best of times so I’m not as good as I’d like to be. Nonetheless I create and practice when I can. I use Reaper.

Here’s a recent track…

want to share our first art showcase!

I’m interested, I play guitar and come up with music too, here’s probably my best song so far

2 Likes