Looking for advice

For years, except when I went to Ukiah for 9 months, I’ve paid for spring water to be delivered to my house. My son has always been around to lift the 5 gal (40 lbs) bottles onto the cooler for me. Well my son is moving out on his own now so I have no one to do the water for me.

I called the company and told them on the next delivery date I would be a cooler return because I’m cancelling. When the lady found out why she said we have 3 gal bottles that weigh 26 pounds for $7.

Right now I use 5 of the 5 gal and they are $9. With the other fees my bill is about $65. If I did decide to stick with it I would need 8 or 9 of the 3 gal and my bill would be $75 or more. Do you think I should go the 3 gallon route and keep my beloved spring water or just give it up and use my brita pitcher and save that $75 to put towards more bubly water or whatever.

I think you should treat yourself and get that delicious spring water.

3 Likes

Brita pitchers don’t work.

3 Likes

I mean 3 gallons is probably still heavy. But bottled spring water is really good.

2 Likes

yea, that’s true. I may not even be able to do the 3 gallons.

I was really dehydrated before I started getting it. I just don’t like the other water. This way if I’ve drunk all the water I know I’ve done good at hydrating.

2 Likes

They may remove sediment and chlorine to improve taste, but they miss heavy metals and lots of other micro nasties.

2 Likes

tap water makes you strong lol

1 Like

be careful. i heard it turns frogs gay

3 Likes

that happens to be exactly how I like my frogs!

Personally, I would go with the Brita, but that’s just me.

1 Like

I drink tap water, but our state requires testing and reports sent to all residents about what’s in the water. We also have a town spring.

Is there a possibility your town has one?

1 Like

No. We have reservoirs. The water is very hard and if you are not used to it you will get diarrhea.

Spend the money on the smaller bottles. I drink sparkling water at home and its a small luxury but it makes a difference to me drinking slightly better quality water.

1 Like

You could install a waterfilter coming out of your tabewater.

1 Like

Our tap water comes from underground it’s very good but an hour away in New Orleans they get their drinking water from the Mississippi River. I don’t know what’s in it but it’s nasty. I won’t even brush my teeth with it.

So it depends what your water is like. We just buy bottled water from the store sometimes for company but I mostly just use the water and ice in the refrigerator door. It tastes fine.

You can buy a filter for your whole house if you use an ice maker. You are essentially drinking the water anyway. Our refrigerator does have a filter but I don’t know what quality it is.

1 Like

This alone would convince me to continue buying spring water

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.