Longest i've gone without taking a trip in like 5 years haha

haven’t been anywhere for 6 months. no plans to go anywhere this summer either, but trying to talk dad into another hiking trip in north carolina.

2 Likes

i was thinking 3 nights in a hotel, one day on the road there overnight at a hotel, 2 days hiking and or exploring asheville, north carolina. then another day back home.

i think it’s a 6 or 7 hour drive to asheville, but never been there. my friend loves the place, so im curious.

1 Like

I was just thinking how I’ve it would be to have an activity partner to do things with.

Women around my age are all wanting kids or have kids. No thanks.

It would be weird adventuring with a dude I feel

Someday I will travel with a partner tho.

I just need to be patient

1 Like

on one of my trips, we stopped at a gas station for gas, and parked beside us was this old van, with flowers painted on it, and 3 dudes tumbled out of it. i guess they just drive around the country, wouldn’t enjoy that either, but i didn’t ask them any questions. modern age wannabe hippies i guess.

1 Like

Must be nice to go on vacations regularly, I haven’t been on one since sz, I don’t feel comfortable anywhere except my house, too much anxiety and paranoia, hiking is a blast tho hope you have a good time.

1 Like

I have a van. It would be classified as a ‘stealth’ van because you could sleep in it w/o drawing attention to yourself.

I’m wondering if I’m going to take a trip this winter…

I’m worried my van would break on the highway and I’d have psych problems and be far from home …. Etc…. So I may just hang out around here. Idk

1 Like

usually taking trips is my escape from life. but lately i haven’t been doing too bad. i’ll be ok if i don’t take a trip, which surprised me the change in me. usually im itching to get out of town after 3 or 4 months being stuck inside my house, never leaving town except to get groceries.

2 Likes

If you ever make it out west the half dome hike in Yosemite is amazing, all of Yosemite is good.

1 Like

i was just reading about that in a book called ‘50 hikes to take before you die’. my mom has been to yosemite, but it’s part of california that i’ve never passed through, would like to see it someday.

1 Like

i think i saw on the news a year or so ago, that asheville, north carolina became the first city in the country to pay reparations to african americans. other cities are trying it now, not sure how the program works or how much money they get for living there.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.