Long term cannabis use may shrink hippocampus and thus IQ

Long-Term Cannabis Use May Shrink the Brain’s Hippocampus, Study Suggests | News | Analytical Cannabis

" Long-term cannabis use may detrimentally affect IQ, learning and processing speed, and even shrink the size of the brain’s hippocampus over time, according to a new study based on over four decades’ worth of cohort research."

“They found that long-term cannabis users had smaller overall hippocampal volumes compared to non-users, and smaller volumes in five of twelve subfields of the hippocampus, including the hippocampal-amygdala transition area. The long-term users also had smaller overall hippocampal volumes than the other midlife recreational cannabis users.”

I am trying to find out who funds this page, but the science looks good.

3 Likes

CBD has been found to possibly cause the hippocampus to regenerate. I just think it is interesting how one plant can harm and heal depending on how it is grown

1 Like

Cannabis causes psychosis

2 Likes

It’s a drug, of course it’s going to affect the brain if you are constantly stoned. It doesn’t take a genius to come to that conclusion. Tell me about a street drug that doesn’t affect the brain? I’ll give you the Nobel prize if you do.

2 Likes

Why don’t you click and actually read the article? :smiley:

Never!1415251424

2 Likes

Some people who are always high do come across as stupid…they even talk slow

2 Likes

I am not for or against it really, I just thought it was an interesting insight.

It seems to me that most people escape themselves one way or another. It is hard for each drug user to look down upon another for their habit, be it cannabis, alcohol or ads.

Aps bring people to an authentic reality, all the others take it away.

1 Like

that part of the brain has something to do with the memory and room orientation so when that shrinks that get`s worse. interesting changes.

2 Likes

I’ve never had a problem. My primary AND my therapist AND today my new pdoc encouraged me to use.

2 Likes

So what happens if you smoke Invega?

1 Like

Ooooh, you should see me on THAT.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a daily.

1 Like

OH SHHHHHHHHHHH####T

Now we know what her ban hammah looks like!

:scream:

1 Like

You’d better not forget it, yo.

2 Likes

Can you vape fruitloops? Asking for a friend :smirk:

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

They probably have that flavor for vape juice. I know they got Red Bull flavor lol

3 Likes
2 Likes

Is every herbal substances a li k to schizophre ia?