Long form disability review, anyone gone through one or have advice?

I recently got a 15 page or so long form disability review letter for my SSI and am rather nervous. My case worker gave me information I needed about my last 12 months of appointments. I’ve always been med compliant and gone to appointments.

Though I haven’t seen therapists in the last year, as my nurse practitioner thinks seeing my case worker out in public will help me more due to my anxiety disorders.

Has anyone else here dealt with a long form review, or have any advice? Thanks. By the way, I have schizoaffective depressive type and have been on SSI for 3 or 4 years, and I’m 31 years old.

Sorry to hear you got the long form. I’ve been through 4 or 5 disability reviews, but only had to do the short form, 1 or 2 pages. I’m paranoid schizophrenic and will be 60 years old May 26th.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not really sure if I was randomly selected or what. Guess I’ll never know, but I plan to get all the relevant medical information and get the forms sent back soon.

What does the long form involve?

It asks about your last 12 months of appointments, what you do in the average day and asks you to list what you are diagnosed with. It’s pretty similar to the initial application but not quite as extensive.

As far as I can find, it will take a few months. I don’t think I will need to submit any more information, but never know if they will send me to a different psychiatrist or something.

1 Like

Thanks for filling me in.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.