Long day today

I had chest pains today so stepdaughter took me to the small hospital to see the out of hours GP. I had an ECG there. We left just before 12 from the small hospital and I had to go to a bigger hospital for further tests. I had another ECG and 2 lots of blood tests. There was a lot of waiting for things to be done. Got to go back tomorrow for a 2 pm appointment.

They reckon it’s angina. The blood tests and electrical heart tracing were normal. That means there is no sign of any damage to my heart. They’ve considered the various factors, and with what they know about me and my results there is less than 1 in 100 risk the pain was caused by my heart. We finally left there at about 7.50 pm.

4 Likes

Not sure exactly what angina is but i’m glad it wasn’t your heart. Be sure and stay on top of it, though.

1 Like

My Dad had angina. It was given care by changing his diet. Sometimes chest pains are only indigestion but that can be severe.

2 Likes

I’m glad its angina and not something more sinister. Angina still sucks though. Hopefully they can take care of it for you tomorrow.

1 Like

Good job on getting to the hospital and getting it diagnosed. I’m sure everything will be ok.

1 Like

I’m glad you got this looked at promptly. You and your step daughter are a good team!

3 Likes

My stepdaughter is great. I’m so glad I moved here.

4 Likes

Had the follow up appointment. Doctors doesn’t think it’s angina,but we have to keep an eye on it in case anything changes. He said there were lots of positive signs ie blood tests and heart traces were fine,non smoker,not diabetic,cholesterol 4.2 (I was pleased with that as last result I remember about 2 years ago in Essex it was 6.4). Pulse was a bit fast at first. He did bp. I said to him yesterday I’d kept looking at the monitor when they did it, and that didn’t help. I noticed the diastolic was high. He said my pulse was fast yesterday,probably because I was anxious. BP115/75. Pulse 80-not perfect but better than the late 90s/early 100s I got at the depot clinic in Essex.

He thinks the oedema is most likely where I’m very sedentary. Got to walk more.

1 Like

That sounds really encouraging

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.