Lomg term obese - have you managed to lose weight long term?Or is this just s dream?

I’m just in the early stages in begining another health kick

Really
Is it possible at my age 42 bmi 33 and time spent at around 191lbs on these meds?
Looking for a real success story
Ideally of middle age permanently losing weight

I know my mum lost a lot of weight And kept a lot of if off
But she’s taken no meds

2 Likes

@Thanna

Three years ago (I’m 53 now) I weighed 280 lbs. My girlfriend and I joined a dance club, and I lost 81 lbs in one year. I stopped dancing because the dance club split up, and now I weigh 255 lbs.

Do you like to dance?

2 Likes

No, I run and cycle and hike
Want to do swimming also
Maybe a shortest triathlon

2 Likes

25lbs is a pretty significant amount of weight to keep off
Well done xx

1 Like

Were all different so what works for one person may not work for another, I lost 50 lbs by simply eating less and only buying what food I need to get by, It is a constant struggle but it worked for me

2 Likes

In September it’ll be 4 years since I started dieting, lost 65 pounds in a little over a year and have kept it off to this day, without exercise btw. I was always the fattest kid in my class throughout school. Right now I weigh about 10 kilos less than I did in highschool, 10 years ago. I was always good at delayed gratification, so maybe it’s easier for me. I don’t really struggle with food anymore, I don’t even have the urges to eat unhealthy junk. I think it’s because I’ve cultivated enough awareness to the point I don’t even want the unhealthy foods. The 3 minutes it takes to eat the junk food don’t outweigh having a good body all of the time. You really have to make a commitment to healthy living for the rest of your life, otherwise you’ll never keep to it.

This video might help:

2 Likes

Great advice thanks !

And fits n makes sense

I’m noticing that it is now between food and mobility
Which is years ahead degraded from what I should be at my age
exercise although I do some it’s not a lot and hampered greatly by weight

1 Like

I’ve lost a lot of weight twice in my life but failed to keep it off.

Once was through calorie counting and the other time was on the Atkins diet. Out of desperation I’m back on the Atkins diet now.

Unfortunately whatever you do to lose weight you have to keep doing otherwise the weight seems to come back.

2 Likes

Recently I lost 8 pounds and living normally just seems to keep it off. The weight was gained artificially and I know if I loose weight to a certain point it doesn’t just stay off anymore.

1 Like

I have two friends who will do Bypass surgery in the coming spring.
She has been trying to lose weight since 7 years ago after pregnancy.
and the other takes insulin

1 Like

I’ve lost a lot of weight 3 times as many times
I only kept it off age 15 - 23
I’m losing hope of change now almost

1 Like