Lobotomies in the

Why did lobotomies make people docile. I was watching a video of two patients that were I’ll and after the lobotomy seemed cured. Not really they only LOOKED docile.

Also do you believe Institutions should open again?

Lobotomies also made people unable to function.
I think we only need institutions for violent people who are mentally ill.

1 Like

I asked for a lobotomy because I am too chicken to pull the trigger on myself

2 Likes

Horrible procedure! But on the other hand Invega seems to be a chemical lobotomie.

1 Like

Why do you feel that way @1Dave?

1 Like

Lobotomies actually worked for some people but for most people they did more harm than good. Basically a lobotomy procedure is inserting a wire into the brain and scraping out part of the brain. For some reason this worked but the procedure was irreversible and for many people it turned them into vegetables.

One of the woman Kennedy clan got the procedure done. It went terribly wrong and she spent decades in an institution until she died in 2005. None of the Kennedys liked to talk about it; she was rarely mentioned during her entire lifetime. It was a well guarded secret.

4 Likes

@Winterblues
As @77nick77 writes.

2 Likes

No I meant why do you think invega is a chemical labotomy

1 Like

I’m kinda passive and have flat affect. But I’ve been allowed to try Aripiprazole, hoping that med is better for me.

1 Like

It was a horrible procedure and not really based on modern scientific fact and probably dodgy then.

@77nick77 was right about the Kennedy girl. She was supposedly gorgeous and it turned her into a vegetable.

I think if you research it the doctor who invented it got murdered by one of his lobotomized patients. True story. There’s a bit of Karma there!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.