Loaded up with too many meds vs no meds which is worse

I do better if i take my medications as needed maybe 3-4 pills a week a drop of silver colloidal and vitamin every morning green tea in the afternoon sleepy time tea with honey at night and nutritional diet. If i take too many pills everyday i get fatter lazier , no drive to work psychotic. If i go days on end without i dont necessarily get psychotic but get real out of it and dont feel good. With moderation and extra supplements i have very minimal symptoms and never feel angry or upset.

My philosophy is to be on the minimum dose that keeps psychosis at bay.

3 Likes

I don’t think too much meds or no meds are the only options. Min dose that keeps psychosis at bay is best.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

It’s best to discuss this with your psychiatrist. It’s not good to skip meds. Maybe see if your dr will change your meds so you can take them every day

I know but after awhile of having this mental illness it seems the psychiatrist is only deceiving you posing to be your friend as to make money with as many pills as possible. If i take meds everyday my illness always gets worse i believe the psychiatric system really needs reform thats why theres so many lawsuits against medications.

2 Likes

My dr tries to keep me on the lowest dose possible. Not all psychiatrists are bad

I know i dont really think all psychiatrist are bad since 90% of them just got into it to help people but i still think the whole system needs reform

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :cow2::cow2::cow2:

I once was so loaded with antipsychotics that I could supply a whole mental ward with meds. I would say to much and to little amounts of meds is equally Helllish. I had no choice those days. If it wasn’t for our German doctor who loaded me to the brim with Clopixol I surely had been death today.

1 Like

I should note that my advice to be on “minimum dose that controls symptoms”, means in consultation with your pdoc.

1 Like

How do you find the lowest effective dose without going into psychosis?

2 Likes

Likely you will have breakthrough symptoms or you’ll have psychosis with insight. Then it’s time to talk to your pdoc.

2 Likes

Jonathon’s reply is a good one. For me though, I was able to move down to min suggested dose for sz with pdoc. But that’s just me.

2 Likes