Living with the voices

I basically just want to vent… I feel like no one I know understands what it’s like to hear voices every single day for 6 years. My schizophrenia was brought on by heavy drug use I did in my 20s. I basically just want to give up some days while other days I’m there talking to the voices thinking they are spirits. I don’t understand how I can have such a hardcore delusional belief while the rest of me is so rational. I am new to this forum and figured I should start talking to other people with schizophrenia. No one knows how hard it is for me to live with the reality that I ruined my brain with drugs. It’s a harsh reality and I think about it everyday. I just want to be normal again and get married to my boyfriend with our wedding day without hearing voices that haunt me.

6 Likes

I believe my voices are spiritual beings.
Both good and bad entities.

2 Likes

Wow, you put a lot of emotions in this post. I’m sorry the voices have been unrelenting. This illness is very severe and debilitating. If you don’t mind me asking, are you taking medicine?

3 Likes

This is worth a try:

I never did drugs, either light or heavy. Yet I got schizophrenia as well.
With the right medicine, the voices should stop or at least become less of a nuisance. For me, Abilify happened to work well.

1 Like

What antipsychotic and what dosage are you taking? I got schizophrenia and never did drugs but I am sure my symptoms will be much worse if I did drugs. Many drugs are proven scientifically to cause early onset schizophrenia and psychosis. Its because they raise dopamine in the brain sometimes permanently.

2 Likes

My voices Alien and Sarah are spirits too. With meds I don’t hear voices that often, about once in a week or two. Never did drugs but still got schizoaffective disorder.

1 Like

I’ve tried every antipsychotic there is. Which is why I guess my frustration is worse because none of them have worked. The only one that came close (at least lowering the volume of the voices) is halidol. What else is so frustrating is that the voices used to go away but I used drugs one too many times so now they are permanent. I even tried TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) and while they lowered for a time they came back again.

2 Likes

I am sorry I unlocked mine with psychedelics also but was already exhibiting signs of schizophrenia beforehand and heard voices once before I used. I know it excaberated it. It is not something that has been easy for me to talk about either. I too talk to them, like spirits but also hear antagonizing voices screaming at me. It fills my head all the time like chaos and I get very upset and sometimes ill with my family it seems but I’m not. I am married and just started opening up about it with my husband. He is being supportive. If I can offer any advice it is to be as honest as you can. I know talking can be tricky, I seem to make things worse when I open my mouth. Things come out all wrong. Keep trying though. I hate to know others feel same burden.

1 Like

Did you try Clozapine? Its the strongest antipsychotic that works the most.

по мзп. Ьеьег аgua. but defintely

1 Like

I’ve had voices every day for 8 years. Tried clozapine, rTMS,… They claim to be god, are people I know in real life and strangers. I just live with them and 12 mg of Invega seems to limit their power. Some days I’m okay and some not so much. But life goes on.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much. This is a good forum and people here support you

1 Like

It must be very frustrating and debilitating to go through that. AP’s help but you will still have voices and symptoms but at lower intensity. Sometimes they won’t go away, I still have mine and have to cope. It’s a daily battle. But don’t be so hard on yourself! Give yourself some grace.

Hi. Thanks so much where can I find the thread on supplements for schizophrenia?

Amyloban is the big one as far as supplements go. Sarcosine is another, it should be a thread pinned to the top of your page.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you got it so bad, hearing voices for 6 years on a daily basis. You are very strong able to deal with the voices. You can’t undo the past. Your experience says again. Drugs are bad. They ruin families and communities.

1 Like

I hear voices all the time has anybody taken Zyprexa its not working,

2 Likes

Hey @Holley. Welcome to the forum. Medications can take a while to start working. You usually see something after 4-6 weeks for real effectiveness so if you’ve just started it can take a while. I take zyprexa and it’s good for me but I don’t really have voices.

1 Like

im the same, i think my schizophrenia was brought on by heavy drug use, did a lot of lsd and weed. Ive been living with it for about 13 years. I wish i can say it gets easier, in a way it does but it kind of doesnt everyday i have to come up with new ways of coping with the voices. Sometimes i just ignor them but can only do it for so long eventually i just talk to them and they tell me im a demon and going to hell and they will make fun of me call me names. It really has debilitated me to nothing, still i manage to work a part time job still which is good…

1 Like