Living any where in the world? (schizophrenic with SSDI)

For the concurrent there is a trick that ky uncle pointed out at which you have to be medically retired and not a normal seperation from military. So unable to continue contract and service and have 50% va disability. For the caretaker they are increments on how unable you are to taking care of youself, like taking care of bills, brushing teeth, shower, eating, being told to get dressed, having terrible memory, etc. It doesn’t have to be you lost all your limbs or brain dead. It starts from $800 to $1800 a month for your caretaker depending on your severity. Google “va benefits caregiver” and itl bring up .gov sites @TomCat

There is legislation for Chapter 61 retirees to get concurrent receipt. It hasn’t been approved yet. Yes you do have to be at least 50 percent disabled and retired to get it. Currently you have to have at least 20 years of active service to get it.

I don’t need help paying bills or hygiene or getting dressed or anything like that. I don’t think I would qualify if that’s all it’s for.

@TomCat

I believe you’re referring to H.R. 303, the Retired Pay Restoration Act.

Yeah. That’s it. It hasn’t become law yet though.

1 Like

@TomCat so I can receive ssdi and va benefits? Never thought of that.

@SailorTheFox59. Yes you can

1 Like

@SailorTheFox59. I lived in Germany from 2008 to 2010. From what I remember (very psychotic at the time), it really depends where you decide to settle in terms of services, etc. Very bureaucratic as well. Some lovely areas and centrally located for travel throughout Europe if you choose to do so.