Like Rodney Dangerfield I don't get no respect at all

I feel like nobody outside this forum except my dear wife understands and accepts my limitations due to my living with Schizophrenia. How about you? Do you feel you’re always being held accountable to some higher standard that is totally unrealistic and illegal in some countries?

For example, I enrolled in a Bookkeeping course that before I became ill with Schizophrenia would have been trivial for me to complete. By it now after the onset of schizophrenia this course will be be a major and I mean a MAJOR accomplishment for me to complete. That is because my brain doesn’t work like it used to. My brain is being destroyed by Schizophrenia. I know that but but nobody else does or cares.

I had an aunt tell me to pick myself up by my bootstraps. Yah! Sure!

My dad and mom and grandma are understanding though. This aunt I just don’t associate with tbh. I like my uncle but her and my cousins can take the ■■■■ train to hell.

1 Like

When I was younger(talking mid 1970s to early 1980s) the phrase of ‘That’ll tax your brain too much’, or comments similar to that, was far from rare. The implication being you’d trigger a psychotic episode.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.