Life isnt as i wanted it to be and that's not ok

I don’t really remember if i finished it.

Are you pass that part where he is around 40 and has became a drunk?

Thats my freshest memory of the book

1 Like

Yes, but his world view of people. Sometimes i think like that - and never heard anyone elaborate on it. Yeah he’s drinking atm

Failing at what everything he thought he was gonna be.

1 Like

Life is a sham so eat a can of spam?

2 Likes

At least his friend was right and he became a womenizer hehe.

Joke aside, he despise people, i remember that, he dislikes himself too, did he try to kill himself?

I think so, im not sure

1 Like

LOLOL everyone’s avatar is a TOON>

1 Like

A yes, he and the girl tried a lovers suicide
I remember more

Its a tough read but worth it. I plan on finishing it.

When you recommended it - i was like okay - just gonna go through the motions to do something. Like you said make it interesting. I’m glad i participated.

1 Like

I think its great you like it and will finish it.

Its a good read, the author preety much lived as he wrote…

1 Like

Yeaa, nice man.

I went into an episode and totally forgot about that thread. I will check it out again…

I usually nail books which people will like

2 Likes

I think of giving up sometimes or have. Saying this is it. Things suck.

You saying you’re not okay with it is the right way to go about it. It shouldn’t be okay.

Don’t think you’ll figure the solution in this thread. But its a start.

2 Likes

Yooo i was 2nd to do it :joy:

2 Likes

Lol, i am third place.

2 Likes

Thank you man!

I dont think so too but i like to speak my mind anytime which helps

2 Likes

I didn’t expect anything out of life. I had very little going for me when I got sick at age 19. The first two years were hellish but I figure everything since then is a bonus. I couldn’t have predicted my life but I get to work, live mostly independently, take classes and drive my car. I am certainly not happy all the time but every now and then I feel very grateful for what I got and I feel lucky just not to be stuck in some back ward for the rest of my life.

I’m 60 now and haven’t given up by a long shot but I had my good years and now life isn’t as fun and exciting as it once was but I still have some good times left in me.

2 Likes

Life has ups and downs. When were up we have to prepare for the downs. When were down we have to remember that it will be up again soon.

I try to work on myself and be well rounded. Helps me a lot. Life gets better when you live it balanced i feel.

1 Like

I experience this and get bummed out from it from time to time.

2 Likes

a quite famous teaching poet here in Iowa wrote a poem, read it to all of us at a reading,
“it’s just life.” Marvin Bell. I gave the book to my son-in-law, otherwise, I’d quote the whole poem, ha.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.