Life is violent - as violent as eating

I don’t think it’s in our place to approve or disapprove. To teach nonviolence, it must be made clear that it only refers to the idea of man against man.
Sometimes, I think we, especially the mentally ill, get the idea that none of life should be violent and that of course is impossible. A lot of jobs do violence against nature and to live at all, these jobs are necessary.
So, I check my swing when I see someone scarfing down a bunch of fast food. That’s life. :apple::heartbeat:

1 Like

Chordy , whatever way you slice it or dice it , you’re becoming preoccupied with anger and violence.

You’ve got to at least mention this to your psychiatrist.

2 Likes

Unless you’ve recently been debating vegetarianism or veganism with someone, I might tend to agree with everhopeful on this.

People get past this stuff pretty quickly.

While I don’t know if your psychiatrist needs to know, perhaps you should talk to a therapist to work through why this is so important for you to get out.

Do you live in a rough part of town? Perhaps you need to think of moving, or finding a safer place to be.

Hope you the best bub.

1 Like

Or you could try something new and mind your own business.

The alternative is to be withdrawn, as I was for so long. So, I’m coming out of my shell and am a bit angry at the world that put me in that shell. Yes, I would like a rest home where nothing wrong ever happens, but that isn’t real either. So, @Ryanana and @everhopeful are you being judgemental about me or afraid that I’ll hurt someone? I am, for once, not afraid of hurting people. I grew up in a family that hated itself and was full of punishment for that hatred. There was security in the punishment. That is what I am letting go of.

1 Like

there isn’t some dualism to this

We think you’re a little high strung.

obviously you probably should get to a therapist if you’re working through tough family issues, especially as someone with a cognitive problem like this, you need the help to constructively work through the emotions.

Be honest with a therapist about how you’re feeling on these subjects cry a bit, and move on.

not once did any of us say to withdraw or clam up, but typically this isn’t a subject people get hung up on

As the mentally ill, I think we get hung up on this subject a lot. My mind is not violently out of control now.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.