Lgbtq people

I get called names by people who don’t know me gay and stuff. They act like it’s so bad. Now I’ve learned lgtbq are good people. Why don’t they mind their business name callers. I’m none of the above .but I respect those people who are going thru that ■■■■■■■■.

9 Likes

I’m lgbtq+ but to be honest I’ve been isolated from persecution mostly. I live in a very backwards state in the US but no one really knows me. That is the benefit to never leaving the house lol. I remember dating this man and we were at a Denny’s. I foolishly tried to take his hand out in public. He pulled away really quickly. That is the first time I really understood the dangerous implications of other people. I am still pretty naive lol.

5 Likes

oh how much i relate to this…

1 Like

It’s a sick world when just holding hands with the one you love is a dangerous statement. I struggle with this too, even though I live in a very liberal city.

5 Likes

I just got called gay. I can’t tell which way it was from

1 Like

My lovers and I have been called: Lezzies, have had our cars egged, have been told not to say that, when I told a man that I was a lesbian, have been taunted when a Mellissa Etheridge song came on in a club, have been shunned by the gays for years, when they found out I was MI. I’ve been through the gamut. It can definitely be hell being gay in our society. It can have it’s pleasures. But it mostly has drawbacks. Especially as you get older. That’s why I dropped out of the scene.

1 Like

When I was younger, I got called a ■■■■ a lot, and the other kids used to call me by the boy’s version of my name as an insult. I had to change for gym in the shower, because I made a few of the other girls uncomfortable. Side note, those girls were really unattractive, and I would never have tried to stare at them. Ew.

3 Likes

They just assumed?

I got to tune people out.

The bitch upstairs in her own way was accusingme of being gay. Lol where she stood still at the bottom of the stairs
Until I went inside. Dear God help us all.

1 Like

Although I’m not gay, the amount of crap I got from people thinking I was gay in high school and beyond was tremendous. I feel bad for people who are actually gay.

Although I always say, if I was gay I’d lead the pride parade wearing nothing but glitterjeans and a rainbow sash.

6 Likes

I forgot that it happened at my mom’s and thought it was where I live. But it was at my mom’s. My memory is crap.

1 Like

I love pride. It is definitely one of the high lights of my year.

3 Likes

Sweetest folks I’ve ever met.

2 Likes

I think it has become nit picking, if you relate and are in love an enhance the other’s life then it is all good. Who could stand in the way of mutual understanding and support?

1 Like

You’re alright, @Coldcomfort!

1 Like

I live in a rural state and ppl aren’t treated like that here

That pisses me off. Do these same girls think every hetero man is attracted to them?? That attitude shits me to tears and I’m sorry you had to go through that.

1 Like

Ehhh life is much better now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.