Letting me go insane?

Is there any places where I can just stop taking my medication and just go insane until I die? Or is this “illegal” even if im completely sane and medicated when making the decision?

Like some kind of asylum with no medication? I don’t know I don’t want to do this right now but maybe when I finally had enough of being medicated and done being bored? Some days I do just want to go back to being insane there’s is something about it that makes me feel really good and I would be glad to be like this until I die.

1 Like

These days it’s very unlikely that you’ll find such a place. The old asylums have been closed in most parts of the world. But why are you feeling so bored? Is it negative symptoms? Is it depression? Don’t you have any hobbies to occupy your time?

1 Like

I do have some hobbies but no feeling compares to being psychotic or insane its like a drug I actually enjoy it I don’t know about everyone else but that’s just me maybe.

1 Like

If there are such places, I think you’d have to pay for your stay there. It wouldn’t be fair to make taxpayers or hospitals end up paying for someone to take care of you full-time when you can function on meds. Also, how long have you been stable? It can take a while for you to settle in to the new lifestyle and not feel bored.

2 Likes

I didn’t enjoy my psychotic episode at all. I guess to each his own…
Anyway being psychotic is dangerous because you are prone to taking rash decisions because you feel invincible or threatened (it depends on the person)… such as jumping off a bridge or a building, or driving at high speeds, or getting into fights…

1 Like

Iv been stable for 5 years on medication now, and I don’t think it would cost anymore then it would if I was in prison I mean the money it costs to keep someone in prison is ALOT, it felt so good being psychotic I felt euphoric and had emotions I never experienced before and now im on an antipsychotic its really boring.

1 Like

Maybe im just having a phase of boredom I don’t intend on going off my medication even tho I could if I really wanted to but that would probably make things worse in the end for me or someone else.

1 Like

What meds are you on?
Some APs take away your emotions, especially in high doses…
Other APs such as Rexulti or Abilify are more neutral in this respect. Maybe you could try those…

I don’t know how much it would cost, but I know it wouldn’t be cheap. Unless they actually put you in solitary confinement, which would not be fun, someone would have to watch you almost constantly in order to make sure that you stay safe.

Im on abilify right now, I was on the lowest therapeutic dosage (10mg) for a while then tried to go to 5mg with the help of my psychiatrist, it finally didn’t work and ended back in the hospital now im transitioning to seroquel hopefully that will be better.

2 Likes

Is it normal? It sounds like mania.

that’s what I was thinking because if I could stay hypo-manic all the time that would be beyond lovely. Maybe you need a mood stabilizer to go with you ap

Jail, hospital? Why not keep working toward a more stable life. Involve yourself with hobbies, dance, do things that bring joy to your life. You have to work yourself into this new lifestyle. The meds won’t do it by themselves. Enjoy your new life.

1 Like