Lets talk about teeth

Meds ruined my teeth
They are breaking and crumbling.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Does anyone have dentures?

2 Likes

My teeth are calling apart. I’m afraid to go back to the dentist because he told me if he had to pull another tooth I’d have to find another dentist. He refused to believe I don’t eat a lot of junk because I’m overweight thanks to ap’s. So I am going to look for another dentist to get my current hurting tooth pulled.

2 Likes

Oh my, I never heard of aps doing that to teeth. Guess that explains why mine are crap.

Sucks that your dentist is refusing service to you.

Also dry mouth is a thing with these meds, which might contribute to oral problems.

1 Like

I was so lucky to find a good dentist. Sounds like you need a new one! Every day I’m finding pieces of teeth. My dentist said meds are definitely the culprit. I know of a few women much younger than me had to do partial plates. My teeth are beyond that

Arlbar I’m sure someone’s asked this but do the meds give you dry mouth? Dry mouth can be really bad for teeth, but you could use Biotene to help.

1 Like

Yes the dry mouth is the main culprit. I have biotene spray but by the.time i got it it was too late.

It is what it is, as my pdoc says.

Ygh, sorry you are finding the bits of teeth. Glad you did get Biotene, even if late it can help ease the discomfort some.

1 Like

My teeth are healthy. I don’t know if they will be healthy in the future, but now they are healthy.

2 Likes

I’ve terrible teeth from over the years as a paranoid bastid! I am doing better. I bought an electric toothbrush and doing a lot better. I’ve lost some molars just from decay! I just couldn’t clean my teeth well enough!

I wish I got better earlier but sz does that too you! Hygiene in certain points of my life has been a problem!

1 Like

1 Like

i used to not care, now i brush at least twice a day after sugar is in my mouth, was grinding on aps and had to stop so thats over. flossing is a must.

1 Like

When i was ill i couldn’t care about myself including brushing teeth, not to mention going to a dentist. Constantly had bad breath.
I miss some 7-8 tooths now and need dentures or implants. A lot of money.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.