Let's talk about our dreams šŸ˜“

So, unless itā€™s triggering, would you guys care to share some of your stranger dreams? Iā€™m not sure if sz/sza causes weird dreams, but I have had a boatload of them.

They seem to revolve around failing school. A common dream is one where I can barely speak, and itā€™s difficult to form the simplest sounds. I miss the school bus a lot.

Thereā€™s also a games store in my dreams that always has the coolest PC and video games. It seems to be identical to the GameStop that used to exist in Springfield Mall in my old hometown, but they have the coolest, most amazing games that donā€™t exist in real life.

I also have some dreams where Iā€™m a woman, or scary dreams where Iā€™m undergoing some type of barbaric surgery. Sometimes I dream about being locked up again.

Last but not least I dream that I can levitate or use telekinesis every so often. Itā€™s always a lot of fun dreaming those dreams! I also have dreams where my childhood cat is alive, and I always scoop her up and pet her!

4 Likes

I have a lot of strange dreams. Unfortunately I seem to lose a lot of the details shortly after waking so I canā€™t really relate any of the specifics here. For awhile, about a month back I was having a lot of zombie dreams for some reason. Weird, because I havenā€™t watched a good zombie move/series in quite awhile.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a technique called dream journaling where you keep a pad and pen near your alarm clock, and hastily write down a few details of your dreams as you wake up. Just a few details is usually enough to recall, by association, the entire dream. I did this for a month and came up with some really interesting stuff. Otherwise you do tend to forget them in your few conscious minutes.

2 Likes

I used to have nightmares about high school. This was like 40 years ago when I first got sick. At the time, I used to wake up and be extremely disturbed. But writing this now they donā€™t sound scary.

A common dream was being in high school and getting lost. Forgetting where all my classes or where my locker was. It doesnā€™t sound scary now but it was just such a bad feeling. Or walking down the school halls and everybody is looking at me and ridiculing me. I dreamt this when I was 19 so I had been out of school two years. Back then the dreams were so real and I figured that I had escaped all that in reality so now I had to pay in my dreams.

Actually, my prodomal phase started when I was about 16 but I skipped 8th grade and went straight into high school when I was 13. And I had no idea what mental illness was but in a lot of situations in my freshman year, it felt I was crazy as hell. I just got overwhelmed sometimes and I had no friends and I was behind everyone else mentally and physically. I had no idea what was going on.

2 Likes

Sometimes I have dreams where I get attacked or have an accident and wake up. For example we are sitting in a lounge and a shark swimming around. I touched the shark and woke up. Over the years my dreams are getting better or worse, I donā€™t know ? Sleeping becomes an an adventure itself. The latest dreams are sleeping dragons, fires and an eye.

8b888c3bc0acf917455142f83b285034

1 Like

You donā€™t still have the school dreams do you? Mine never stopped, and Iā€™m still scared in them just like I would be if I was still a kid.

1 Like

I met an elderly mentioned when you give kids a fright before bed they sleep better. I donā€™t know, maybe when you shock adults to death before bed, they can sleep better, too.:rofl:

2 Likes

I had a dream I took my moms dog on a cruise ship and he peed all over the floor then he jumped off the balcony chasing after a whale and I had to use a surf board to go and save him then I was trying to find a bowl for his water and all I could find were leaky baskets. Haha it was so bazar and random. But it was a nice break from the flashback dreams I had too

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a really interesting one!

I had one where I was in an elevator with my now-deceased childhood cat and I was like where are we and it opened to a house where a party was taking place and she shot off into the party and I was like ā€œohhh nooo now I have to go chase her downā€ I donā€™t remember much else of that dream though.

I donā€™t remember having any in the last ten years. Probably longer. But boy, those dreams were vivid and realistic when I was 19 and 20.

And incidentally, at the beginning of each school year in real life, it was difficult to memorize where your locker was and memorize the combination.

1 Like

I dream a lot, and vividly.
I used to be pretty good at remembering the dreams, but not anymore.

4 Likes

I have a recurring dream where I am at a bar with some friends and I canā€™t get served, then I wake up feeling dissatisfied. Itā€™s pretty funny in hindsight.

There must be some meaning to it, but I donā€™t know what it could be.

I always dream about having girlfriend and being happyšŸ˜¶

2 Likes

When Iā€™m on certain antipsychotics (like I am right now), I dream about all kinds of wacky shtuff. Most are harmless or nonsensical, but Iā€™ll get the occasional one that makes me wake up panting and scared. Some is PTSD, some is just plain frightening. Whatever the case, I have night where I wake up a million times, some where Iā€™ll snore loud enough to wake the dead (per my wife). Itā€™s a new adventure every night.

Some of the worst dreams are when I dream of friends from the past.

Makes me really sad when I wake up

And reality hit

Hahaha

I dreamt last night that my brother joined this website :astonished:

1 Like

I met my ex girlfriend at La Gomera (one of the canary islands). We fell in love and had sex. Suddenly we were back in Denmark.

My friend from my childhood suddenly came by (he died from alcoholism 8 years ago and i miss him a lot).

My ex-girlfriend killed him, and then I took a lump out his body and we ate it together - at that point the dream was a nightmare.

I dream a lot at the moment. Especially about those who are dead, those who i loved, my father, and my childhood friend.

I usually have really disturbing graphic dreams that I will not share here, but sometimes theyā€™re not too bad, latuda has made my dreams wackier than normal.

2 Likes

I donā€™t dream too often,

But when I do itā€™s confusing and disturbing.

I once had a dream, as a small child,

That I got on a ride, like at Disney World, and all it did was take you through a house where everyone had been murdered horribly, then outside to where animal bodies were rotting and the sky was bright at 3am.

When I told my mom she got freaked out.

I was pretty young, thatā€™s when I started seeing ā€œthe talking doctorā€.