Let’s hear some success stories

Back in 2012, I was DX’d when I had finished college for computer programming. A mixture of stress, drugs, energy drinks in large amounts caused me to go psychotic. In 2013, I attended therapy and eventually recovered. I went to work 2 jobs because my family desperately needed money. Even though I was told not to use drugs, I eventually succumbed because of all the stress. I felt great for 2 ye itars until I decided to drop my medication. Bad move. I was hospitalized again. Since 2016, my concentration and focus has gone downhill. I cant work or volunteer because of this. I’ve gone on to pursue literature and I probably won’t work another day in my life

Since diagnosis in 1999 at 29. I’ve been married. Lived overseas for a couple of years. Live a full and realized life either though it’s a bit different and I don’t work. Do volunteering to keep occupied and still play competitive cricket at 47 years of age.

I consider that a success!

5 Likes

Do you have drug induced psychosis? I got sick from marijuana and energy drinks. I never recovered.

Congrats on finishing your programming degree. I never finished my math degree. I wish I could have though.

1 Like

I got sick once; recovered. Relapsed, never recovered.

And yes, drug induced psychosis. Excessive use of energy drinks, caffeine, nicotine and marijuana.

I’m in my 21st year of running my business, although 2018 will be a tough year, starting off real slow

3 Likes

I’ve had sz for a long time, since my early twenties.

My worst psychosis was in 2015 I suspect brought on by work stress and grief over losing my nana. I was off work for about nine months staying with my mother interstate.

I had no income, couldn’t contact work out of fear and paranoia. I was in a really bad way.

I eventually recovered enough to consider returning home. I did so and contacted work and organised a meeting. Went in and sorted out a return to work plan.

It didn’t work out in that team. So I asked to change team. Instantly I went from three half days to three full days, then four.

I’ve since travelled overseas, married, will add study to work this year, changed to a med that makes me feel like my old self.

Recovery is possible.

3 Likes

As a working architect /designer I put about 400 houses on the ground of my own design…I feel really good about that…now that I don’t work I still put out a book about my delusional journey and I feel good about that…I try to help people on this site with their problems and I have been doing it almost 17 years…I also was married at one time and I was the happiest I’ve ever been.

6 Likes

2 1/2 years with my current employer. Off disability payments, although POD may provide some extra funds.
One year sober from cannabis on Feb 15th.

3 Likes

I dont believe anymore in my delusions, sometimes I do, but the most of the time I dont. Im studying, Im on athletics, I visit my brothers friends…

1 Like

Two charity shop jobs
Two office administration jobs

I flew across the country (the U.S.) from the west coast to the east coast on a vacation with my dad. Boy, were my arms tired.

I had flown only once before in a small plane just for about 45 minutes over my city but this was the first time I had flown on a jet airplane. We visited my-step sister who was around my age for 4 or 5 days. We went to Virginia Beach, and some amusement park.

1 Like

Thats where I’m from! I hope you liked it. I forget the amusement park though. Ur either talking about Busch Gardens in Williamsburg or the small fair they have in Ocean View. Or the one that got blown up for whatever movie before I was born. Did you go to the Boardwalk with the Neptune statue? Its gotten really sad though. Everytime I visit theres more places that have shutdown. There was a place called Frankie’s ribs that was open for 30 years and just a couple weeks ago went out of business. They had the best ribs

We also visited a docked aircraft carrier that let people walk around inside and check out the whole ship. That might have been in our trip to Washington D.C. though, I get them confused. I’m pretty sure we visited lots of historical civil war related sites.

1 Like

Thats the USS Wisconsin at Nauticus

1 Like

It was in 1990…

Then maybe not. I forget when they added the battleship at the museum. There’s a lot of historical stuff. 4th grade state scrap book was a pain.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.