Let me reintroduce myself

I haven’t been on this site for awhile.

My name is Brandon, I’m newly diagnosed schizoaffective mix type, previously diagnosed schizophrenic. But ya know, what are labels anyway?:roll_eyes:

Last time I was on I wasn’t psychotic, this time I am. Don’t worry I’ll try to be sensitive and not to triggering despite my state. Know I’m in amazing therapy, just tried out my first group and am having success with medication.

Anyway wanted to reintroduce myself. I lost my job and…well everything since…idk would you call it relapsing? So I have a lot of time on my hands while I either recover enough to work again or receive disability at some point.
I may not think things are real, but doing stuff like this helps me pretend a little, so I hope we’ll entertain each other haha.

Anyway say hi, post a meme, a picture of a majestic llamas, perhaps fancy chickens, whatever feels right :pill::+1::deer::ox::water_buffalo::cow2::cow2::cow2:

7 Likes

Welcome back!

I chose fancy chickens…

7 Likes

hi HP. i’m new here. older lady, divorced, grown children doing well, not fully psychotic, just not totally right.
i am as good as i get.

i hope she is wrong but the therapist said i may get less quick cognitvely with each episode. she mentioned dementia. my pdoc is also a neurologist and he says the memory problem is from depression. depression with psychotic features is one of my depression dxes.

also have untreated bipolar but plan to start lithium soon.

nice to meet you.

i’m sorry you have relapsed. and sorry about your losses.

i hope you can keep your chin up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! Not a bad place to spend some of the day!

3 Likes

Nice to meet you Brandon!!! =^_^=

1 Like

hello Brandon! 181818q8

1 Like

Welcome back Brandon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are gorgeous

1 Like

Duckies <3
Welcome to the site. I mostly lurk these days but I’ll post sometimes.

Sympathy For The Devil
The Rolling Stones

Please allow me to introduce myself
I’m a man of wealth and taste
I’ve been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man’s soul and faith
And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what’s puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
I stuck around St. Petersberg
When I saw it was a time for a change
I killed the Czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a general’s rank
When the Blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
What’s puzzling you is the nature of my game, oh yeah

2 Likes

That’s interesting…but sad to know I will become less cognitively functional

she has a masters the one that said it is depression,( i sort of lose time, blackout, most of my childhood was lost,…)

he has 2 doctorate degrees. he is a psychiatrist and a neurologist and run the hospital mi wing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well ya know, life is like. I’ll take what I’m given and hopefully still have love in my heart. No matter how much I forget

1 Like
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.