Legal question

Does refusal to get medical care when you have been vomiting on and off, every other day all day, for a month constitute danger to oneself? My mother absolutely refuses to go doctor, not her pcp not her gastro for hepatitis, not even the ER and says I am “hassling Her” she says she “don’t feel like dealing with it.” Thanks to anyone who can tell me, I don’t know what to do.

No, you can refuse all medical treatments to my knowledge not really a lawyer though. Would be some sites that would tell you for free but make sure it’s relevant to your state or area. Would think mentioning it to her doctor would be a good idea though. For moral support, advice and possibly a nudge for both of you in the right direction. Might also get you the answer you need.

1 Like

I think legally, you cant force anything on her. is she her own guardian? is there a family member that can help? Im looking this stuff up now…

**http://www.nobilis.co.uk/support-for-carers/69-mum-or-dad-wont-go-to-the-doctor
Here is one site to check out…

This is a huge landscape of medical ethics. I can’t offer easy answers. I think the final decision has to be your mom’s.

Thanks, I called her friend to go to her house and try to talk to her for now. It is sad.

She could have colon cancer. That’s what my grandfather had. She’s probably afraid of finding out what it is. Her friend might have the best chance. If not, try to down-play it so she doesn’t get worried. Tell her she probably has food poisoning and needs to be re-hydrated.

1 Like