Legal Advice Needed

Something has been burdening me. In 2011, I was working for Thomson Reuters in NYC. I was put under high pressure. All nighters, tight deadlines, responsibilities in corporate strategy I wasn’t ready for and they also wanted me to be open about being gay. In just over 2 months I went from perfectly functioning to psychotic and a hospitalization in Bellevue Hospital was necessary. This experience changed my trajectory and I’m likely on disability for life. I always wondered if I wasn’t pressured that way that I would have had a totally different life. Even after all these years I don’t have peace of mind. I wonder if I need to sue them to make a case that pressuring young staff can lead to psychosis. It’s about fundamental rights. What should I do?

You should accept that you have an illness and stop trying to blame/sue other people.

Work is hard.

If you weren’t able to handle it,

That’s not their fault.

3 Likes

If you can prove they did anything to you that was abusive you might have a case, but that would be hard to prove because you can bet they would have some high powered lawyers working against your case.

1 Like

I don’t think mentally ill people can really win in court, the other party can just use your mental illness against you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.