Learning to let go

Everyone probably goes through how to let go of how their life used to be. I think that’s at least part of the reason I’ve been struggling lately. It seems in about the last 3 years, my reasons for living have left me. To add to that, all of this striving to “grow” and “improve” has become my only aim, and it’s made things worse. Heck, sometimes self discipline can be overrated. As corny as it may sound, relationships with others are what define us.

4 Likes

Yeap, me too I was striving to grow and improve, but the life is not only about this I think :confused: … I should learn even to chill, its maybe the same for you :slight_smile: Before, I was full of guilt when I had my symptoms, who were making me quite passive, but i’ll try to calm down on this. We don’t need the guilt either to be in this state, isn’t it?.. Its a hard illness already and even the normies don’t have to fight all the time like this.
And me too I try to let go the bad stuff yeap. All my docs were keeping saying, that I should move my a**, but I needed a loving friends and family and relax too… I had my hell with my anxiety from the future etc. Do you think of the future? How do you see yours?
Take care

1 Like

I don’t know about my future, @Anna1. I really just need to keep on hoping and try to lighten up some. Maybe I’m lonely because I’m single, as well. Thanks for replying!

1 Like

Yea one of the biggest things is accepting the diagnosis and that things won’t go back to way they were before.

1 Like

I agree. It takes years to come to terms with the fact that things are now different. At least it did for me.

1 Like

Actually, it’s been several years since I was diagnosed. My Mom just got out of the hospital again after a month and a bit and just dealing with complications in getting what she needs. There’s other things, but that’s the main thing.

1 Like

I have to tell my mother when I was at my best, don’t let that be a standard, mom.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.