Laugh at Your Symptoms

You have to learn to laugh at your symptoms. Some of them are so absurd, they deserve to be laughed at. When you think you are Jesus or in the presence of aliens, look at yourself objectively and put this thought in perspective. When you think your head is a car, look at this objectively and realize the absurdity of it. Your entire thinking is riddled with these ridiculousnesses. You have an objective self which is looking on all the time at your thinking. Rely on it to give you a sense of your absurdity. Laugh at these symptoms. You will find relief from the pain of thinking this way.

10 Likes

This is great advice!

1 Like

when i remember my moments of paranoia, i can find some humor sometimes. but it can get hard to find the humor, during an episode. maybe as i get older, the humor gets clearer.

1 Like

I’ve got a pretty dark sense of humor, so my symptoms, delusions were the icing on the schitzo cake.

I try it’s extremely hard though as i. Permanently terrified

1 Like

I don’t know if I will ever be able to laugh at some of my symptoms. Some of them were traumatic.

1 Like

I channel my symptoms in my music sometimes!

1 Like

Dude I’m buying new guitar tomorrow excite

3 Likes

Fantastic point of view! Thanks, @martinhersey1!

Some of the sting softens as you get older. When things happen everyday for over 30 years, you have to find coping mechanisms.

2 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what I do. It helps

I need to take my own advice!

2 Likes