Latuda side effect afternoon

I took my Latuda at 12 noon with lunch and then it hit me about 4 hours later, psychosis and akathesia. I had the paranoia people everywhere knew my thoughts, even if it may not be conscious. It was the worst case of active and bad thoughts I’d ever had. I ended up doing stretches sitting on the floor which helped tremendously but the thoughts were going on and on and very creative and humorous while I was overcome with shame. It all started with my last LSD trip in 1987 or fake LSD when I felt extraordinary shame and have never gotten over the feeling on and off. So that’s it. Has anyone else ever had psychosis after taking Latuda? I am not anti medicine but I just feel this is caused by the akathesia and it has happened before. It was a nightmare. I don’t want to experience it again but it’s the weekend and I’m not seeing my pdoc for three weeks.

1 Like

I had akathisia on Latuda. Had a hard time sleeping at night after taking my Latuda.

1 Like

I had to take benztropine with latuda.

1 Like

I have insomnia and I feel awful after taking my latuda that I go to bed at 5 pm with sleeping tablet.
I take latuda 4 pm with dinner.

1 Like

Is it akathisia? As there is meds to fix the akathisia. Akathisia is restlessness.

2 Likes

Yeah, and when it gets intense it’s torture.

I take Trazodone with my Latuda to prevent akathisia.

1 Like

I don’t know if I have that.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I take a small dose of propranolol but it’s not enough.

1 Like

Yes this happened to me in 2017 and I ended up in hospital.

They have recently put me back on it, and I get this mildly

The pdoc said now I am on Pregabalin it shouldn’t happen this time

I had psychosis and insomnia while on invega and latuda. Risperidone and clozapine have been more effective for me. I also had some psychosis on clozapine but I think it is improving. Maybe I have better luck with the sedating meds.