Schizophrenia.com

Latuda anyone?

Zyprexa is a horrible drug, it made me gain a good 40 pounds and wreaked havoc with my blood sugar and gave me metabolic syndrome, I had to stop taking it and can never go back I got so physically ill.

2 Likes

Latuda is the best anti psychotics imo. Very few side effects and literally no sedation. Worked like a charm for 2 years but then for some reason it stopped working. Don’t know why to this day. It’s quite expensive though.

2 Likes

Instances where medications stop working seem to be pretty common, this also happened to me numerous times and I had to wait awhile and vigorous exercise seemed to help alot, as far as I can tell problems with blood sugar and also metabolic syndrome are the culprit, if you eliminate them the meds will start working again.

2 Likes

AP’s don’t help me anymore. All they do is make me tired and sleep throughout the day. I’m weaning myself off of my current AP with the help from my doctor. I’d rather live with psychosis than sleep my life away.

2 Likes

I’ve decided just to stick with Geodon and Seroquel. They control my symptoms and they don’t make me feel miserable. I’ve decided that when it comes to my medication regime, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

2 Likes

@Wave Latuda (Lurasidone) is a very good drug. I am using it in combination with Aripiprazole. It’s side effect profile is also good. It is the drug that has the least amount of QT/QTc prolongation among all the anti psychotics. You can safely drop Risperidone, which is an older drug. You can try Latuda in combination with Aripiprazole, if your doctor approves it. This is a very popular combination in USA, I heard.

2 Likes

I’m on Latuda, been on it for a while now. It is actually a really good drug, with a small amount of side effects.

2 Likes

Man, this is an old thread.
My psychiatrist wont prescribe me Latuda because she said that it would make me too anxious.

im on haldol now

I have been taking Latuda since 2013. I am on 100 mg. I am getting free samples from a Nurse Practitioner. I feel calm and in charge.

1 Like

This is a total zombie thread, but fwiw Lurasidone (Latuda) is the best medication I have ever been on. It works 100% for my psychosis with zero side effects. I am on 60mg.

3 Likes