Latuda and Lithium

The psychiatrist raised my Latuda and Lithium. Every night when I take them now I get a severe stomach ache that keeps me awake for hours. Do you have any tips? Should I drink milk? Would that help? Or eat something? Or drink more water? I only take them with applesauce.

You should call your pdoc and let them know what’s going on. Hopefully they have some tips. I don’t know what else to advise.

1 Like

I do know that you need a lot of water with lithium. It may help to eat something and drink lots of water when you take it.

Okay. Thank you. I was just at the doctor today and forgot to mention it. Ugh!

1 Like

I hate when that happens. I’m supposed to write stuff down but I never do. I hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely ask your pdoc about this. They need to know about this.

1 Like

First off I agree with everyone else that your pdoc needs to know about this. From personal experience I get very sick from lithium if I do not eat something with it. I’ve thrown up my meds on countless occasions all due to not eating something with the lithium.

1 Like

Thank you @Sardonic @disciple @Hanna_Foxx. I will let my doctor know and I will take it with food!

1 Like

My doctor told me that I have to take Latuda with at least 360 calorie meal, for it to be absorbed. I noticed when I don’t that i get a stomach ache and feel really sick.

1 Like

I got so sick from Latuda. I was told at least 500 calories to be absorbed. But no matter, it did not agree with me at all. Lots of throwing up and indigestion. I Quit it and moved onto the next.

Thank you @Skims and @anon78876561! I will eat food with it. I see the psychiatrist next week and will ask him then.

2 Likes

Don’t suffer like I did. Call the pdoc ASAP and get Zofran or ask what to do.

Try taking your meds with food.
But please talk to your doctor about it.

1 Like