Last time spent in a psychatric hospital.?

I am so sorry that happened to you. What a betrayal of trust. Did she even meet you there? It seems like she didn’t try to do an accurate assessment.

I’m glad your stronger this year.

But it was my 25th time since 1996.
Under very odd circumstances…even for my standards.

The year I quit stopped crack. 1990. Probably not a coincidence. I had several hospitalizations in a row from two to four days each.

I definitely felt betrayed. She did this all behind my back without even telling me what was going on or what was going to happen. Literally, the cops just showed up at my front door.

And she didn’t meet me there. She didn’t even call me once I got out. Obviously, I stopped going to her. I expected that she’d at least call to see why I hadn’t come back to see her. But she didn’t.

I still to this day can’t figure out WHY she did that. But, like I said, it taught me a very important lesson on how to never let that happen again! I’m am VERY clear in communicating my mental health issues to my doctors now.

I have read so many papers written by “Experts” on why we the mentally ill are so resistant to treatment and how we have no insight…
With practitioners like that… no wonder we’re resistant.

No wonder we say “No, perfectly fine day thanks, nothing to talk about… Bye”

It would have taken me years to trust again after a stunt like that. Good for you for finding help else where.

You’re EXACTLY right, J. People with schizophrenia are afraid of the consequences of telling a doctor or therapist what’s going on in their minds. I remember denying my hallucinations and paranoia to my doctors for a long time. Because I was afraid of being involuntarily hospitalized.

And after that incident with the therapist, I had severe anxiety about going to the doctor or therapist. For fear of what they might do to me.

I still have that fear, to this day. I’ve gotten better about trusting my docs now, after 7 years, but I’m still super cautious about what I say.

It’s sad that one person’s bad judgement can negatively affect the entire healing process.

1 Like

i always tell the truth to my p docs, what ever i feel or think i tell them, bad or good, that is there job

I never been to psych ward but my last psychosis was in june 2012. And it was due to drinking, but my delusions lasted about 4 days and suspiciousness about 13 days. Thanks God i didn’t commit any crime during my delusion but i was very close to. For me its very difficult to figure out that i am delusional since i don’t get psychosis very often with med. before i started med i my delusions were that my friends are spy’s and the government was after me. 6 yrs. latter in 2012 i thought the guy i was not getting along with has poisoned me.

September. I’m afraid of going back this year still.

I did two stays at a VA mental ward back in 2012. I have somehow managed to avoid the mental hospital stays completely in 2013…If I make it another month, it will be the first year without a stay since 2007.

Last time I was hospitilized was march of this year. I thought it was january but it was actually march. And I was in there for a few weeks now I feel like I might have to go again soon but idk…

august of this year. im afriad ill go back too

1 Like

In 1971. I decided I wouldn’t go to the hospital anymore. Took my pills…

4 years since January

13 moths I been out, does suck that we cant trust our doc’s and some of my family w our thoughts, etc. The night before last I mentioned to my mom that I felt like I needed to get me a doc appointment, she tripped sayn that her and her new husband aren’t going to put up with any “stupid ■■■■” from me and that maybe I need to think about long-term hospitalization, really hurts that she said that

2011 was my last time my first one was in april 2010

Dec. 2012-Jan.2013 was my last time. I went in there for violent intrusive thoughts. They didn’t cure my violent intrusive thoughts, but I had to get back to school. The first time was in Oct. 2010. I was involuntarily committed. But then they had me sign all these papers to say that I was there voluntarily. Then I had to go to mental health court after three days, and I stayed for a total of two weeks. I was still heavily delusional when I left, but they didn’t ask me about all of that. It wasn’t until I got home, and got proof that my delusions weren’t true that I stopped believing them.

the last time was 2009 i think. i stayed one night because i was terrified of all the drs and nurses and other patients. stupid really but i was hearing all their voices in my head and i just couldn’t trust that i would b safe there. in hindsight, i shouldve stayed for a couple of weeks till it wore off. when it happens again i’ll make sure i stay till i get my mind back in order. i think i’ve got a handle on it now though so whatever they do, it’ll have to b pretty bad to make me sectioned this time. i may even go in voluntarily just for a rest. but we’ll see i think the next bombs will b physical now rather than psychological as i don’t believe the voices ■■■■■■■■ anymore. government conspiracy? i don’t think so somehow!

Can you work on moving out? Are there people to help you? Doesn’t sound like a healthy environment for you. I assume that you are living with your mother now.

@pob I’m living w her now since November. workng on getting signed up for financial aid if it will cover me to live in the single-parent dorms then will be moving there this fall and goin back to school, but that seems like forever from now, I considered going back to Indiana where stress levels were down, etc but she told me she aint letting me go back w her grand-daughter which is my daughter!!! kills me :frowning: I haven’t even got to the delusional point yet I haven’t been for a year. this whole situation doesn’t help the circumstances just stresses me out and that’s when things go downhill, I feel like she just wanted me down here to get her hands on my kiddo then get rid of me for good