Lamictal anyone?

My pdoc increased my lunesta and said if I wanted she could add the lamictal to help my mind stop racing so much at bedtime. She says it’s safe she has kids on it.

Are you on this?

Yesh. I’m on this. It’s very helpful for my mood swings. I’m much more even emotionally now.

1 Like

It’s it something that works instantly or does it take time to build up before you see results?

1 Like

It took about a week to notice a difference. I was very well after about three weeks.

1 Like

So I start taking it tonight can I expect any side effects? Hoping it will make me sleepy

I’m sorry, I missed seeing this. I didn’t really have many side effects. Do you take it in the morning? Just be vigilant about looking for any kind of rash. Call your doctor right away if you develop one.

1 Like

Thanks for replying.

I just took it an hour ago she told me bedtime but my pharmacist said not to take it within a few hours of lunesta.

Yes, I take lunesta, too. Lamictal doesn’t make me drowsy at all, so I take in the mornings. But this is just my experience. Yours will be different.

1 Like

Thanks that makes me feel so much better. I was getting anxiety almost didn’t take it.

Medication changes are always nerve wracking so I get that. I’m glad you are trying it. Hopefully it helps. Keep me updated. I took it for about a week before I really felt the difference.

Were you on the prazosin to or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes I used to be on it. But I take propranolol now, so I had to stop the prazosin. I miss it though. It really helped the nightmares and voices at night.

1 Like

She increased mine to 6mg not sure I really see a difference.

Ugh, that stinks. I don’t know of alternatives to try. It’s used to treat PTSD. So maybe you could find options to treat that.

1 Like

Thanks again for your help it’s greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I’ve been on lamictal when I had encephalitis before I got schizophrenia. I felt it was soothing for my brain

Also two facts: it doesn’t cause weight gain, most likely weight loss and it is being used by patients who have obesity to diminish binge eating

1 Like