Lady Gaga is to pop what Zep is to rock

It may hurt a stoners pride but I say this is truth

1 Like

At least she has real talent backing up her stuff…

I do like her controversial side…

The music is pretty good too.

and also it’s about time Zep god downgraded from godlike status… but those were some really impressive performances… given their lifestyle I’m surprised they were able to keep that up for so long. i mean that takes some endurance to stay on stage that long. Under the influence of who knows what drugs… geez I’d never be able to fathom doing that.

But I’m SZ… so I guess that’s something else.

1 Like

And alcohol. There are a lot of performers that I’m surprised don’t have wet brains by now.

2 Likes

Yeah I actually think that’d be more difficult…

A lot of drugs can “put you in the zone” for a musician… they probably love that zone and its easy to maintain…

With alcohol… its all about the next drink… anything that get’s in the way of that becomes an annoyance…

but I guess these guys also control their nicotine addictions if they got them while they’re on stage as well…

Crazy ■■■■… used to be able to picture doing that stuff… after the SZ though… no way… no how…

Kudos on finding sobriety @crimby… powerful thing to do… keep at it… we need more folk who have done it on here.

I just celebrated 18 years with no drinking… no intentional narcotics either. About 8 years ago a doctor gave me narcotics against my wishes and I didn’t know until the next day or so… but it can be done if a screwup like me can do it

1 Like

Congrats man… that’s big.

I was just saying in another thread how I need to get on that…

I just still feel a bit youthful… and that’s just how I spent my late teens and early twenties… Drinking and smoking…

I’m off the illicit stuff.

I live alone… rarely see people… and when I do they’re all partying or looking to drink…

Perhaps I should take another look at building a sober friend network here… Slim picking buts perhaps if I get them together… Yeah that’s gonna be tough lol…

Wish towns themselves had public forums… I mean I know it’d be a place for some shady ■■■■ to go down… but if properly moderated… it could do a lot to bring a community together…

The only time I meet interesting people is occasionally at the bars… There aren’t too many clubs that I’d be interested in… I don’t like sports…

maybe there is a writing club around… perhaps I should start one…

1 Like

Maybe take a class or 2 at college

I do plan on it… but the only school I can really attend it 40 minutes away… gotta get a dependable daily driver to have at my disposal first…

from there I can take a couple classes a semester including summer… get a two year degree in a decent amount of time… I have a good amount of college credits already…

It’d be nice to have a degree of some kind…

thanks for the encouragement

1 Like

There’s gotta be a bus that heads there too tho right? If a car doesn’t arrive

yeah the bus is rather uncomfortable for me though… and extends the amount of time I have to commit to getting to class… I have to prepare what I’m going to eat when I’m out there…

And it’s all so damn quiet the whole time… the campus is quite… the bus is quiet,. I just sit there among the presumably normal folks hallucinating the whole time. Wanting to socialize to make it easier… but everyone is hard to approach…

I know I’ll do better at it if I try again… but I need the freedom to leave when I want… even if its to get to the nearby pizza place quicker…

I also want to find a program that doesn’t have me climbing to the third floor of this one particular building I’ve spent way to much time in… man why… why make every class that has to do with computers on the third floor… nerds ain’t strong people… don’t make us climb stairs… :smile:

I’ll probably go back for math…

1 Like

You’re talking about a pop star that writes, plays, sings and performs all her own music? Don’t do it!! This curtain dare not be pulled back, lest the world know how woefully under talented the pop mainstream truly is. (Rant over).

1 Like

She is truly talented

I’ve never heard her sing…