Schizophrenia.com

Ladies First?

I was waiting to get on the bus, and there was a woman waiting behind me. The woman bus driver chewed me out because I didn’t stand aside and let the woman go first. Isn’t this old-fashioned, and a thing of the past, or do people still do this today?

1 Like

Yes…

No…

2 Likes

I’d say that you were wrongfully corrected. Whoever is nearest the door goes on first no matter what gender. Why should that matter anyways?

It’s ok to be polite if someone approaches the door at the exact time I do, I usually let them go first, or if someone comes with a coaster I usually let them take their time. But men should not go automatically to the back of the line. That would be like a reverse of equal rights.

2 Likes

I do it sometimes but no one should be chewed out for not participating in it.

1 Like

That’s an old social construct. I hold the door for anyone, regardless of what they are.

4 Likes

That seems old-fashioned. I would let old people go first, especially if they are old enough to perhaps have difficulty walking, but would be very surprised if a man let me go first for being woman. Weird.

1 Like

If a man my age would let me go first, i might even think he was flirting or so, depending on how he did it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol the craziest things happen to me. In Walmart in the area past the cash registers I’ve had older people wind up in front of me. They walk really slow and try to keep me from getting past.

I have to put on turbo boosters to not waste 10 minutes.

The first few times I was like “How the hell did they get in front of me in the first place?!”

I hold the door for women usually, especially if they’re pregnant and carrying groceries, or something like that.

1 Like

A while back when we would go to town to get our groceries there was this woman who sat up in the front seat of our van, and I sat in the back seat. It took her longer to gather her groceries than me, so I would go ahead and move out ahead of her, and get the door to the apartments unlocked. If I hadn’t done that she would have had to put down her groceries to unlock the door and then pick them up again to take them inside.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.