L-theanine is Effective in Lessening Positive Symptoms, and improving Sleep Quality in patients with schizophrenia

Hi - the recommended dose is 250 mg/day. Did you try it at that level?

Yes, but I felt so good that I increased

1 Like

Let us know how it goes. Did anything happen after you increased to 1000 mg a day? Please update us as you continue on this, or if you change dosing.

1 Like

I am taking 350 mg three times a day. Until now Iā€™m feeling very well. Iā€™ll keep updating.

1 Like

Can I ask what difference it made for you?

1 Like

Are you feeling better than when you were at 250mg a day?

Generally - I wouldnā€™t recommend anyone triple the recommended dose of something, quickly. Start off at the recommended level and then slowly increase if you want to try more.

I was more excited know not explain. At the same time quieter. Besides feeling good I was talking more I think

2 Likes

Hugo - and anyone else trying L-Theanine, please update us on how its going.

Are you still using L-Theanine?
If Yes - how much, how often?
What effect do you feel it is having on you?

If No - Why not?
When you were trying it - how much were you taking, and for how long did you take it?

Thanks for updating us.

3 Likes

Where can I get hands on this Stuff

Im on clozapine
Is supplement safe

Read the bottom part of the first post in this thread - there is a link to where you can buy it:

Still taking it, 200 in the morning, 200 in the evening. Taking it with abilify 5mg and no issues. It feels very like a benzo. It relaxes me, but thereā€™s something else that I find difficult to describe, itā€™s like it gets rid of a certain kind of mental anguish that abilify never did.

3 Likes

@shellys12,

http://m.iherb.com/Now-Foods-L-Theanine-100-mg-90-Veggie-Caps/853

2 Likes

I have taken the 100mg from Now and my observations are that (a) its got a fowl taste and (b) 200mg is a lot more effective than 100mg. Its a good sleep aid. I had read hat possibly the sun theanine variety was superior and its available in a chewable also.

1 Like

I was taking L-Theanine about 2 years ago. It did seem to improve my cognition, particularly at work. However, it was not very effective on my anxiety. I took it for a few months, my anxiety continued to rage, I eventually came to the conclusion that it was not benefiting me. However, I was unmedicated at the time, so perhaps I could do another trial run at the recommended 250 mg.

Please let us know if you do try it.

I have been advised not to take this as may interfere with clozaril and atenolol

Thank you for more input. I know you stated it was hard to describe, but if possible could you elaborate on the diminished mental anguish? Thanks so much.

Itā€™s very difficult to describe, itā€™s like a feeling of worry, that I should be doing something, but itā€™s in the background, coupled with mental anxiety. And that goes away.

1 Like

Thanks. I have read on this forum about it helping with disorganized thinking. My son is leaving a hospital tomorrow on 20mg Zyprexa. They love to drug him up and send him home. He is a zombie. I want him on Invega because he loves to be outside doing things and Iā€™ve read that Invega isnā€™t quite as sedative. We just never had a chance to try it because his two hospital stays were so close together and they kept putting him on Zyprexa. I would like to try the L-theanine in addition to Invega 3mg along with psychsocialization, outdoor activities, and music therapy

2 Likes