Home, About, Contact Us, FAQ

L-theanine is Effective in Lessening Positive Symptoms, and improving Sleep Quality in patients with schizophrenia

L theanine made me depressed. Caffeine + L Theanine does make you a little smarter.

I’ve been using L-theanine for about 6 months now, and it’s changed my life. Between the fish oil and theanine supplements, I can pass for normal most of the time, and most people I interact with at my job don’t know I suffer from schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder.

It does make me more tired overall, and has caused an increase in caffeine consumption, which I’m trying to cut down on, but it’s worth the extra sleep I have to have, in order to feel better.

I notice that the auditory symptoms are still there and still fluctuate like before, but they seem less threatening since I started taking it, and they’re definitely quieter. I’m also less anxious, but I also take ativan on top of risperdal for my symptoms, so I don’t know if it makes the ativan more effective or not.

I really recommend people try this. I think I read the recommended dosage for most people with schizophrenia is ~200 mg a day, but I take 400 once or twice a week and 200 every other day that I don’t take the 400.

It has been the difference to me between living my life in constant fear and pain, and being able to work through some of my many issues and start working towards a better mental state of being for myself.

-TG

I want to try it but it’s expensive. I’m already taking Omega 3 with high dosis of EPA and sarcosine. I also need to take magnesium, vitamin D and B complex (I was taking them before, just need to buy more).

I’m also thinking on taking curcumin because it has similar effects to memantine (the last one helped me a lot with neg symptoms).