Knowing your saved into bliss at the end of life?

That’s actually what I was saying…that you cannot make a blanket statement just because of the ones who do wrong.
Even among the Pharisees in Jesus time they weren’t all bad…despite all the corruption in the temple, there were good Pharisees like Nicodemus

I think that all the is is a guide book of moral behaviour in a time when there was no guidence for moral living.

And I think that God says that we literally have to live by it in order to enter His Kingdom.

Its really not that difficult when you consider that in return for living every moment of your life by a moral standard …EVEN WHEN NOBODY’S LOOKING…you get to go somewhere where your not persecuted and there are only good people.

And what you guys are saying about not including all Christians or even non Christians into the same mix with conscious evil doers is absolutely correct.

Maybe I sound kinda extreme but im exactly the opposite ya my Church doesn’t teach sexual deviance in polygamy or incest nor does it teach hate in racism and bigotry nor does it teach love for mans principles with greed nor does it teach idolatry by worshipping dead saints (which is really demon worship).

Yes my Church does baptize but thats like the most religious practice it takes part in.

My basic belief is all people that live a life by a moral standard are good and should be allowed in Heaven.

And maybe thats how its going to be.

Prolly what helped me develop this opinion about Catholics is when I first moved in to the apartment im living at this girl whose a neighbor sayed “im Catholic im not Christian”.

This was after the management told her im Christian even though they shouldn’t of done that.

This place is really unprofessional in everything I guess.

Not exactly true e_lunaseer

you should read john 14:6

I know John 14:6…I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but by me…

What did I say that wasn’t exactly true? It is by Christ you find the way…it is not by religion. It is also by following Christ by nature and the natural revelation God has woven into this world…which is still following Christ…

Romans 1:19 - 20

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Psalm19:1 - 2

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge

Blasphemy. #1, Jesus isn’t dead. #2 that is not what the Bible says. #3, he was not a criminal except in the eyes of some religious people who saw him as a threat to their movement and stirred up the Roman gov to execute him.
4, he was born of a virgin by the Holy Spirit, not a whore…Mary was engaged to Joseph and there was divine intervention in regards to his conception…

The things you mention are basically things those who opposed him were trying to say. They even paid people to tell lies and deny his resurrection…

Matthew 28:11 -15
And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers,
Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
And if this come to the governor’s ears, we will persuade him, and secure you.
So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.

Its clear that this statement is marking out territory. The same as any other religion

Nah, it’s just this

John 8:32
> And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free

1 Like

Heaven, is rather an unspecific broad term that depends on whoes perception.
maybe the creator has a different view on heaven than yours.

besides if some people go to hell, yet still are the people you loved.
wont you miss them in heaven, and is it then still heaven
for you, even without them for eternity?
knowing they suffer for an eternity.

just pondering

the truth shall make you free. something we can both agree on

This is what you really need, slave.

There is non Biblical evidence as well…historians…

Josephus, a non Biblical writer mentions Jesus and verifies other things in the Bible:

Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrin of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned:
Now some of the Jews thought that the destruction of Herod’s army came from God, and that very justly, as a punishment of what he did against John, that was called the Baptist: for Herod slew him, who was a good man…. Herod, who feared lest the great influence John had over the people might put it into his power and inclination to raise a rebellion…
About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if indeed one ought to call him a man. For he was one who performed surprising deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. He was the Christ. And when, upon the accusation of the principal men among us, Pilate had condemned him to a cross, those who had first come to love him did not cease. He appeared to them spending a third day restored to life, for the prophets of God had foretold these things and a thousand other marvels about him. And the tribe of the Christians, so called after him, has still to this day not disappeared.
~Flavius Josephus: Antiquities of the Jews,

Tacitus, a Roman historian also mention Jesus (Cristus)

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular.

This earthly life is a very small part of our existence. We existed before it and will exist after it. People can’t understand this, and perhaps its as well they can’t, because the reality of it is quite frightening. You all think God can’t do anything. That is because you see God as a person. Again, this is probably for the best. You can limit the Supreme Being to your understanding. If you could understand that God is actually a cosmic force that is everywhere then perhaps you might not reach such rash judgements.

Here’s a little practical test you can do. Put a ball in the centre of your room. Try to move the ball without touching or blowing on it or exerting any physical influence on it. If you can do this you can prove that God doesn’t exist. Good luck.

Best wishes,
Padster

I have read countless accounts of folks stating problems were nipped in the bud due to the influence of the Holy Bible. I am influenced by the Pussy Riot Member Nadya who quoted from Berdyaev how the Holy Bible can influence us.

In her response to Zizek’s first letter she will reiterate her Nietzschean and youthful stance, saying, “we’re the children of Dionysus, floating by in a barrel, accepting nobody’s authority . We’re on the side of those who don’t offer final answers or transcendent truths. Our mission, rather, is the asking of questions (KL 407)”. Influenced by Heraclitus and Berdyaev Nadya will offer a vision of hope from the world of fire and transformation against aspects of Zizek’s more dialectical materialism. Berdyaev’s almost gnostic sense of a rebellion against the powers of the world in high places sings out of her letter. Of course Nikolai Berdyaev, a Russian Orthodox propounded his own Christian oriented vision of earthly revolt. In the letter she will quote him: “Christianity itself is to me the embodiment of the revolt against the world and its laws and fashions.” (KL 417)

http://darkecologies.com/2014/12/14/pussy-riot-the-prison-letters-of-nadya-and-slavoj/

We are immersed in our own cultures - our cultural “stories” are what our brains work with to interpret our realities. It’s like when people report an after death or out of body experience, what they experience is always embedded in their own culture and their own religion. No Christian has, or will, ever report following the light and being greeted by Mohammed or a Hindu deity.

An excellent point. I must admit, it is something that has always puzzled me, as is the fact that these so-called visions always seem to re-inforce the ‘visionary’s’ preconceptions. The human brain is certainly a strange organ.

Best wishes,
Padster

Interesting…I was raised in a “Christian” home though it was just basically some church going and some talk about God on occasion.
Yet my first vision was Native American. I had no exposure to any Native culture at the time. I didn’t even find out I was part Native until my 20s. So the vision scared me when it appeared. It wasn’t till years later I learned the vision I had was a native vision, and had come at an age that natives would usually receive a vision.

This certainly cannot be explained by the culture I was raised in.