Knowing too much in areas of life can it cause psychosis...?

I don’t know about psychosis, but it might cause anxiety.

idk, I made it thru college okay.

I have a theory that is loosely based on clinical research.

Plasticity has been researched. It shows that a more dominant hand, takes up more space in the brain. This space comes at the expense of the weak hand. The more one is used, the stronger it gets, and the weaker the other becomes.

My theory is that ‘processing information’ competes with ‘processing emotions’. So if you focus on information to the point of overload, and sustain that for a long time, then your brain would rewire itself to get better at processing information. The downside would be a diminished capacity to process emotions, which is linked to mental illness.

It’s hardly peer reviewed, but the idea does interest me.

3 Likes

Emotions are a type of information, nie?

I did plasticy in my mind

too over come my issues

btw this only my story of how I recovered

my life is not prefect but its a 100 times better

than it was

I dont think so, knowing or learning is a life long process.
Some I remember, some I forget.
If I force myself towards psychosis area willingly, may be yeah.

Yes, they are similar enough that I think they might compete, but emotions are physiological and require connection to the body.

CBT talks about a “rational mind” vs “emotional mind”, and warns against sacrificing one in favour of the other.

3 Likes

Thanks @Ribbon

Your posts are very educational

1 Like

I mostly lack an emotional mind. A lot of the time when I display empathy it’s because I’m now aware I need to, not that I feel it. Makes it very hard to relate to NTs.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s what it means @shutterbug

having emotional intelligence is knowing what to say at the right time,
being aware and receptive. my daughter and me have it, to tell you the truth, I think it’s over-rated.

Seeing the bigger picture in life is key…!

From birth and being a baby to childhood right up too teens and then on going to being a adult

Anyone know what I mean?

Not me. I have to plan F2F interactions ahead of time to mask symptoms.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.