Kindle fire

I’m so excited. On an unplanned spending spree and bought a kindle fire. I can’t wait for it to get here. Although I’m a little disappointed in myself for just buying it on the spur of the moment. Does anyone on here use Fire? I’m thinking about getting the Kindle Unlimited subscription. I used to have the Paperwhite version until I wore it out. I made sure to get the 2-year warranty this time. There doesn’t seem to be as much free content as there used to be. What should I read first? And I see now that I can borrow books from the library.

What kind of books do you like to read?

I couldn’t go without my e-reader. I download most of my books online through torrent sites.

What’s a torrent site? I’ll read just about anything. Lately its been sci-fi/fantasy and DIY books.

Torrent sites are pirated movies, TV shows, games, books, etc.

You might like the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It’s a fantasy series. I read the first three books. It’s good.

I’ve been reading Isaiah Berlin’s The Proper Study of Mankind, Steven Pinker’s The Better Angels of Our Nature, and Thomas Piketty’s Capital in the Twenty-First Century. Good books if you’re into that sort of thing.

gainesms…shhhhhhh don’t mention that on forum you get into trouble maybe brother.

1 Like

I’m reading Tom Clancy’s last book before he died. It’s called (against all enemies).

I have been thinking about getting a kindle or e-reader. The thought of buying a lot of books…

The Wheel of Times series has been recommended quit a bit and looks interesting.

I have a kindle fire hd and I love it. I will probably download some better books for the winter months. I don’t like/can’t handle the ones I have now.

The Wheel of time series is awesome, one of my favorites. I’ve been holding off reading the last book because I don’t want it to end. Brandon Sanderson did a pretty good job finishing the series after Robert Jordan died.