Kind of freaking out now

See well even though I hear auditory hallucinations all the time they refuse to give me disability because I take my meds well. You are still SZ don’t worry about it.

I’m sorry to hear that :frowning: When I went through the process they just needed psych history, inability to hold a job history, and my psych recommending it…

I’ve been thinking about going to a disability lawyer. I could be applying to the wrong disability because they keep saying that I didn’t work long enough. But I have a 7 year non continuous work history. Did your psych put it together or something. I’ve heard about doctors doing that for people that were hospitalized but they never did it for me. So as of now I’m just trying to look for a job.

I believe the Social Security Administration is the only way to go. I know when I applied they did bring up that I may not qualify due to not enough work but found 1 job I held just long enough. But that only qualified me for $320 of SSD, then due to that I qualified for $400 in SSI… I was under the impression you could be totally SSI if you didn’t qualify for SSD…but maybe you do. However, if you can’t hold a job, you can’t hold a job. You should talk to your psych about what needs to be done, and go from there. If need be, I would go after a lawyer and fight for it. What do they expect people like us to do that can’t work?..

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your responses, I greatly appreciate it. I’m not freaking out as bad, but I am still pretty paranoid and off right now. You all helped a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Aidoen, glad you’re feeling better. One other thing about that test - my understanding is that it only works when you’re in active psychosis. If your meds are working and you’re in touch with reality, the test doesn’t work.

1 Like

I do! I didn’t use to, but started to see things about two and a half years ago. I see things every now and then. Not every day. I’m not on any medication btw.